AOL DIALER Not Working Properly.?

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 360g Hard Drive 2g RAM This is the error message. "Authentication Service Error 12007. This program cannot lookup host name." That's what it says when I try and use AOL Dialer. I can sign on fine just using AOL 9.1, but then I have to minimize that program and... show more OS:
Windows Vista Home Premium
360g Hard Drive
2g RAM

This is the error message. "Authentication Service Error 12007. This program cannot lookup host name."

That's what it says when I try and use AOL Dialer. I can sign on fine just using AOL 9.1, but then I have to minimize that program and have it running in the background while using other online programs.

I've contacted AOL seven times now, and they don't have a clue. I would appreciate any help.
I have allowed AOL Dialer through my firewall, rebuilt the adapter, deleted and repaired ACS files, did a quick restore through AOL and even a system restore of 2 days. Still no luck.

I'll gladly give 10 pts. to whoever has the solution...
Thank You
Update: Dial-UP is my only option in the area I live in. No DSL offered through phone company, and there is no cable service here either...
1 answer 1