Do Christians understand the concept of "double-think"?

Or would doing so only jeopardize so many of their deeply held beliefs? It religion really about finding truth or finding the comfort it provides? Won't we usually only find what we know how to look for? Is the discomfort found in uncertainty the force which drives us to seek answers? Does religion... show more Or would doing so only jeopardize so many of their deeply held beliefs?

It religion really about finding truth or finding the comfort it provides?

Won't we usually only find what we know how to look for?

Is the discomfort found in uncertainty the force which drives us to seek answers?

Does religion work to treat the sources of ignorance (lack of experience/education) or rather the symptoms (fear of discomfort)?

Does the church exploit these needs for certainty and "truth" in order grow and spread their "cure for ignorance" even further into the masses, providing them with even more power to the same?

If the focus was really on helping the individual find truth, why is it so heavily focused on being the ONLY valid source of truth rather than another valid means to discover it?

I guess business is business, but personally, if it's comfort I'm seeking, I would sooner give my money to a psychologist because at least they're up-front and honest about what they're providing and why.