Daytripper asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

is it true steven segal got his butt kicked by judo gene lebell? if so where can i find the story?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's a story from a poster in Judoinfo.com: ( Disclaimer: this is the poster's own post not mine)

Yep I have heard the story from Gokor Gene's Top student and one of the stories is a little closer to the truth.

According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels this story.

Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene.

So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious.

When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since.

Also, When the Gracie's challenged Gene he stated that he would fight Helio and Helio stated that he would fight Gene, but Gene would have to lose 50lbs becuase he outweighed him by 100lbs and Helio was 80 at that time. Gene said he made the challenge back to them so they could see what it was like and it was dropped. Gene trains with the Gracie's cousins the Machado Brothers a couple of times a week. Gene mainley trains w/Jean Jacque Machado.

Source(s): Prince Loeffler Shugyokan Shorin Ryu Dojo www.alljapankarate.com
  • lueck
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Gene Lebell Steven Seagal

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is it true steven segal got his butt kicked by judo gene lebell? if so where can i find the story?

Source(s): true steven segal butt kicked judo gene lebell find story: https://shortly.im/LaBCy
  • 1 decade ago

Yep I have heard the story from Gokor Gene's Top student and one of the stories is a little closer to the truth.

According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since.

Source(s): Quoted from a Judo website. Also did you hear about Jean Claude Van Dame getting punched out by Chuck Zito a.k.a Chucky Pancamo from OZ lol
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u can prob find the story up steven segal's butt, if it happened. if it didnt happen, it is very simple to tell. all u have to do is look on the bottom of judo gene lebell's shoes, they will be clean!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In my humble opinion Steven Seagal may have been choked out by Gene Lebell , see below and do come to your own conclusion. I happen to love his movies and he used to be a bodyguard and I heard he did his job very well.

On Court TV's website under Criminal Minds Chapter "Plateaued" "..On the set of one movie, he challenged a stunt man, who was a black belt in judo, to try to choke him out, a judo technique in which pressure is applied to the carotid artery in the neck until the victim is rendered temporarily unconscious. According to one source, Seagal claimed to be impervious to the technique. He was wrong. The producers of the film became frantic when they saw their NBA-sized star lying unconscious on the ground..."

Note-Court Tv is pretty good about the facts and sources.

According to his close friends the reason it was not mentioned in his books is because on the settled out of court .agreement with Segal.

This is a common knowledge by those of us that trained with Gene's people and that even those who know Segal say it happened.( it was on the set of "Under Siege')

Gary Gabelhouse is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fairfield Research, Inc. posted information He had gathered about the Steven-Seagal being chocked out.

AikiWeb Aikido Forums had the following:

"...Let's forget all that movie hype about challenges etc. with Steven Seagal. The choke thing happened because he was dumb enough to let a guy he didn't know put a choke on him. As any of us know there isn't an escape from a choke that is really on, you have to beat it before. They weren't fighting, he let LeBell put it on, thinking he would show the folks on the movie set how Aikido folks do an "escape". It was dumb of him but it doesn't say anything at all about his ability to fight (if that's important to you)....

Posted by George Ledyard, who is the Chief Instructor of Aikido Eastside

• 1 decade ago

The truth is that it's all speculation. You can "google" it 1000 different ways and that's where it will lead you.

Gene Lebell is a legend and he's been attributed to doing this sort of thing to numerous stars (chuck norris and bruce lee to name a couple).

I guess we'll never really know for sure unless we see it on an episode of "Mythbusters" or something.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Prince - that is a great story and I reckon it is true as well. For that you get a thumbs up.

There is a couple of storys by Gene Lebell on his site here is the link.

http://www.genelebell.com/stories.html

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Steven Segal got his butt kicked by his blow dryer. Have you seen that ponytail? Hideous.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.