ATP
Lv 4

What does it mean to be "checking someone out"?

This guy I know kept on looking at this girl. He just stare out her and doesn't do anything. He just stare for a long time. I don't know, does he like her? He also smile and laugh when confronted that he likes her? But he never talks to her and always try to avoid talking to her. I mean, they know each other for almost 2 to 3 years and not one time did I see them talking not to even say Hi. But hey, they're Asians..... So is he checking her out? What does checking someone out mean? Please answer ....

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Uhhh, yeah he is checking her out or he is a complete stalker. When you check someone out it usually means that you find them or something about them attractive or in your friends case, you like them. Sounds like he is definitely interested in her, but is too scared or shy to take the next step and talk to her.

• 4 years ago

Get a No Cost Background Check Scan at https://biturl.im/aUOmT

Its a sensible way to start. The site allows you to do a no cost scan simply to find out if any sort of data is in existence. A smaller analysis is done without cost. To get a detailed report its a modest payment.

You may not realize how many good reasons there are to try and find out more about the people around you. After all, whether you're talking about new friends, employees, doctors, caretakers for elderly family members, or even significant others, you, as a citizen, have a right to know whether the people you surround yourself with are who they say they are. This goes double in any situation that involves your children, which not only includes teachers and babysitters, but also scout masters, little league coaches and others. Bottom line, if you want to find out more about someone, you should perform a background check.

• Kelly
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes that's what it means and that's said because the world is full of cutesey little sayings by folks who start the trends and friends catch on to them then the person who saw or heard whats to be on the trend-setting bandwagon and so forth and so on I've been waiting to see just how long before things are groovy and out of sight again!!!! Need a reference? Listen carefully to the words to the lyrics of the song "What is Hip?" as performed by Tower of Power -------------- { Band intro } So ya wanna dump out yo' trick bag. Ease on in a hip thang, But you ain't exactly sure what is hip. So you started to let your hair grow. Spent big bucks on your wardrobe. Somehow, ya know there's much more to the trip. (refrain #1) What is hip? Tell me, tell me, if you think you know. What is hip? If you're really hip, the question, "Will it show?" You're into a hip trip. Maybe hipper than hip. What is hip? { Trumpet solo/guitar solo } (refrain #1 ends) You became a part of a new breed. Been smokin' only the best weed. Hangin' out with the so called "Hippie set." Seen in all the right places. Seen with just the right faces. You should be satisfied, but it ain't quite right. { refrain #1 } Come on! (refrain #2) Hipness is. What it is! Hipness is. What it is! Hipness is. What it is! Sometimes hipness is, what it ain't. (end refrain #2) { guitar solo } You went an' found you a guru. In an effort to find you a new you, And maybe even raise your conscious level. While you're striving to find the right road, There's one thing you should know, "What's hip today, might become passe'." { refrain #1 } { Trumpet solo } Think about it y'all. { keyboard solo } { refrain #2 } What is hip? Ahhhhhhhhh! What is hip? I'd like to know! What is hip? Is it in the style of your hair? What is hip? Is it in the clothes that you wear? What is hip? I'd like to know. What is hip? I'd like to know. What is hip? What is hip y'all? Hey! What is hip? Hey! Oh! What is hip? What is hip y'all? What is hip? I wanna know. What is hip? Ahhhhhhh! What is hip? I wanna know what hipness is. {the end

• 1 decade ago

he probably has an extreme case being bashful and shy since it's been 2 to 3 years. checking someone out technically means what it says or to look and talk to them and to determine whether you like them or not and vice versa.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes probably but he is acting like a creepy serial killer. checking someone out means you are looking at them thinking "I'd definitely hit that". he needs to confront her but really I'm kind of scared for her because he might stalk her. he might be the next crazy guy you see on TV for some weird crime like that.

• 1 decade ago

Checking someone out doesnt always mean you like them, it just means you think they look good, or you think they are hot.

• Audrey
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well if she just stares not really..cuz when people check them out its like damnnnnnnn that girl is fine lol thats the only way i can explain it lol..but yea i think he does like her hope this helps =)

• taylor
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It means to borrow someone for a pre-determined amount of time.

• 1 decade ago

Yup, hes checking her out and he clearly likes her

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it means lookign at someone

since were are in the singels area here is an interesting poersonals ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtsV7NiA7U

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.