Who remembers "Gentle Touch" starring Jill Gascoine ?

Friday nights have never been the same since this show finished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOcOCGiB4Rs

Youtube thumbnail

there were ok for a while when Dempsey and Makepeace was on but bring back Jill !!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Yes I do, sorry to say l'm old enough to remember!

• lorts

Jill Gascoine The Gentle Touch

Oh yes i remember The Gentle Touch with Jill Gasgoine as Detective Inspector Maggie Forbes, but do you also remember the spin off to this C.A.T.S Eyes, with Maggie Forbes, Prudence Standfast and "Fred Smith, and Prudence was replaced by Tessa Robinson.

I'm glad the Gentle touch was released on DVD but its a shame C.A.T.S Eyes never has been.

And waldo Glynis Barber was Harriet Makepeace in 1985, and it was Joanna lumley who played Sapphire in Sapphire and Steel back in 1979

Aye them were the days but Oh so long ago.Do remember Dempsey and Makepeace but for life of me can't recall which was which.Think the blonde was Glynis Barber in real life.Was Sapphire and Steele later on ?. Also talking of lady police officers ( as we must call them now) what about Juliet Bravo ?? What price Amanda Burton as The Commander - not 'arf.

Jill Gascoigne did have the gentle touch.

She was also excellent in Cats eyes.

Its a pity that the only surviving actor on screen is the loveable chap in the Kenco adverts :)

I agree Friday nights aren't the same.

There's little fast action drama with the glitz and lip gloss.

Not forgetting those lovely hair doos LOL

I loved this show too :)

I never likd Dempsey & Makepeace though :(

Friday nights TV is a bit poor, but then it's probably because we should be in a pub not sat at home like old folk do!!

An episode of this was filmed at the hospital where I was working and Jill was a very nice and friendly person.

My main memory was that she had very poor eyesight and refused to wear glasses! I once saw her driving out of the car park squinting like a lunatic!!

Used to love that programe and do you remember when the character she played left and moved into detective work for the new show Cats Eyes which also starred a young Leslie Ash

I loved that series. Also Juliet Bravo had an interesting storyline each week. The memory, must be very early 80's at least.......

Ah yes I remember it well

Then she went on to cats eyes with Lesley Ash

mmmmm

truthfully I do megastar any question i think is exciting. i'm going to megastar too many questions. i'm exceedingly sturdy approximately it. Its common to maintain song of the exciting questions. the quite a few questions I megastar are ones i will't answer yet i opt to renowned approximately. Edit: I agree, the celebs are advantageous to verify once you ask a question.