Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

OK Hip hop fan name you top ten Rap albums of all time 1-10 and why? Mine is at the bottom.?

1. Illmatic (Because in 2000 I was in a dark place in my life and I listen to Illmatic and I got through my problems that I faced during my last year of high school and the start of College).

2. Life after Death ( Most people like Ready to Die better but to me this is what made Biggie a Legend).

3. The Chronic ( I believe this is the best West coast album ever)

4. Amerikka most Wanted ( Ice Cube offends every race on this album and I love it)

5. Reasonable Doubt ( You could hear how much of a Hustle Jay-Z was and why he has Regrets track 14 people)

6. Ready To Die ( This album is so raw to me. BIG told people he sold drug not because he wanted to, but because he had to feed his baby girl)

7. All EyeZon Me- best 2 Pac album ever

8. Outkast- This album is the most brillant album I every heard

9. Doggstyle- Snoop had fun with this record. They don't make music like this anymore and it is a shame.

10. The Great Adventures of Slick Rick- Every rapper has copy this record).

Favorite Answer

Your list isn't bad and everyone has an opinion. I love how you put "The Great Adventures of Slick Rick" on there because alot of people who say they like rap have never heard him. All of the albums you mention are great albums. I do like OutKast, but you don't mention the specific album, which is a little frustrating. However, I will have to disagree with your list. I would say the #1 album of all time is Public Enemy "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" and the 2nd greatest would be PE's follow up "Fear Of A Black Planet." PE took production (and I think rap music in terms of production) as far as it could go. Before 1991, sampling laws were different. Corporations saw they could make money off of hip-hop and sampling by 1991 and that changed rap from using harmony and melody in its songs to using one beat and looping it for 4 minutes (or however long the song was). Yes, there have been great rappers and beats since then. I think that Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" is the number 1 album of all time and maybe their follow up "Fear Of A Black Planet" at #2, but #2-10 I don't really know and let the argument start there. I think PE took the art of sampling and the art of making rap music, showing everyone where it good go. They took it to its boundaries. However, I will say, because PE was banned from radio and television alot of the time, they made albums (not singles). Most of those albums you have listed are good because they have a few good songs on them. Every song on the albums PE made during their prime was made as an album. You should listen to them all the way through. Yes, they had singles, but it didn't work as well as listening to every track in order on the album. I think many people would say most of those albums that you listed are classics, but that they skip over songs on them when they listen to them. PE has 2 (not just 1) albums that you can listen to from start to finish without skipping a track and that is why I think that PE's "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" should be #1 and "Fear Of A Black Planet" should be #2. #3-10, I say anyone could argue for the order.

1) All Eyez On Me - 2Pac: Pac's greatest album and my favorite album of all-time. Pretty much every song on both discs were all great songs.

2) Stillmatic - Nas: I'm one of the few people who think Stillmatic was just a little better than Illmatic.

3) The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem: Em's best album. Like All Eyez On me, every song on this cd was great.

4) The Chronic - Dr Dre: Classic album.

5) The Art of War - Bone Thugs: It was kind of hard to choose which Bone cd was my favorite, since all their great songs were equally spread out on each of their albums.

6) Chronic 2001 - Dr Dre: Didn't have the classic feel to it like the first Chronic did, but it was still a damn good album.

7) It's Dark & Hell Is Hot - DMX: DMX's first album, and a classic album for hardcore rap.

8) Grand Champ - DMX: I had a hard time choosing which album I thought was X's best, this one or the one I just mentioned.

9) Get Rich or Die Tryin - 50 Cent: I don't really like 50 anymore, but no one can argue that this album was one of the best album's hip hop had seen in a while.

10) Tha Blue Carpet Treatment - Snoop Dogg: Most say Doggystyle was his best, but I actually think this one was Snoop's best. Doggystyle his 2nd best.

1. Illmatic (Nas is so skilled with his lyrical content and makes it a must to inform people of the life that he lives)

2. Straight Outta Compton (N.W.A. is my favorite rap group along with Wu-Tang. They made this album gangsta and started the trend of gangster rap. Loved Ice Cube and Eazy with N.W.A.)

3. Amerikkka's Most Wanted (Ice Cube is one of my favorite rappers and he addressed all the major issues going on in the world. He was a great storyteller on this album.)

4. Paid In Full (Eric B. & Rakim were arguably the best rap duo. They made great beats on this song and it matched with Rakim's GREAT lyrical skill.)

5. All Eyez On Me (Every track was bangin and this album is very underrated in hip-hop for being how good it really is.)

6. Enter The Wu-Tang (I can't even start on how good this album is. Wu-Tang kept it gangsta like N.W.A. and they have 9 great rappers that kept it real on every track.

7. Ready To Die (Another great gangster album by a great rapper. Biggie can be so lethal when he's in fear.) (think about it.)

8. Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous (Big L is so lyrically hardcore and crazy with his rhymes. He is the best lyricist in my opinion along with Nas and Rakim.)

9. Doe Or Die (AZ is probably the best underrated rapper ever and this album shows it.)

10. Resurrection (Common is also kind of underrated but he is one of the best conscious rappers and this was a great album.)

not in any order:

all eyez on me

Illmatic

It Was Written

Deltron 3030

Ready to Die

The Chronic

The Slim Shady LP

The Marshall Mathers Lp

Beauty and the Beat

• 1) the slim shady lp (eminem)

2)straight outta compton (nwa)

3)no way out (puff daddy)

well i don't have the time in the world this should be in the 1-10

THIS IS NOT IN ORDER

The Carter 2 - Lil Wayne

The Chronic - Dr.Dre

All Eyez on Me - 2pac

Source(s): ............by brain

You would benefit greatly by putting some Bach on that list.