i♥sf
i♥sf asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Do you use a DMO dental insurance plan?

It seems like it is slightly cheaper than dental PPO plans. But are the doctors under a DMO worse?

• Zarnev
    Favorite Answer

A DMO is usually slightly cheaper because when you have a dental plan that has networks the insurance company negotiates a fee schedule with the dentists. With a DMO the amount the dentist receives is usually less than with a PPO, which is less than with an indemnity plan (where you can use any dentist).

The dentist are not necessarily "worse" with a DMO but if they're willing to accept less money it's usually because they have less experience.

I'm an insurance agent and I sell dental insurance but my personal plan is the fee for service discount plan. In most cases it is more cost effective than insurance because there is no deductible, no waiting period and no maximum yearly benefits. I got mine here http://www.dpbrokers.com/default.aspx?locationid=2... specifically the Aetna Dental Access plan but which one you get depends upon your area and comparing the fee schedule to find the best for what you need covered.

Source(s): Independent Agent

whether you had long gone to an "in community" dentist, it is particularly obtainable that a root canal does no longer have been coated by skill of your insurance. under DMO (or DHMO), in community dentists are given a bulk annual fee to cover each thing they do for coated sufferers for the time of that year. subsequently, it particularly is positive for sufferers purely wanting an rare verify up or cleansing. yet no be counted if something greater costly is roofed is largely on the discretion of the dentist. understand the words of your insurance. while uncertain, ask purely before time. Having to pay is a huge gaining understanding of adventure. Sorry.

I don't know what DMO is. But my parents do have PPO.

what does DMO stand for?