Do our legislators do enough to protect children??

Is it part of their job to protect our children, or can parents do it all??

What can be done to help protect our kids?

Update:

Holy Cow: "Con Logic"?? YOU??

Good job. The meds are working!! LOL

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not the government's job to protect your children. You should take "personal responsibility" and do it yourself.

Source(s): con logic
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Amazingly enough, children were protected before Hillary Clinton and big government. I think the real question is do PARENTS do enough to protect their own children? It is parent responsibility to care for and protect their own children. Not only is it inefficient for the state to care for and socialize children, but the state socializes values that do not resemble many parents' value systems. In the end, the question is whether parents are protecting their children. They should not wait around for anyone else to make sure their children are safe.

• They most often do nothin bout anything. Here in vt after a judge gave a repeated child rapist 60 days after a national outcry it was upped to 3 yrs which is still a crock. Then they had a chance to pass a no brainer bill that says people who rape children under 12yrs old should do at least 25yrs. I was thinking ok 50 be better these jokers thought it was too harsh

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Parents needs to protect their children. They are the only ones who really can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why can't parents do it all. Did the legislators get you pregnant? I think they do too much and too many rights are being taken from the parents.

• 1 decade ago

They do to much. It is the parents job... You would not ask, "Does the government do enough to provide our children with nurishment and companionship?"

• LeAnne
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Neither our legislators or our court systems or our liberal judges.

We can campaign for much stricter laws and penalties instead of the present slap on the wrist and revolving door jail terms for people who prey on children.

• John S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Legislators cater to parents, so I would think they do.

• 1 decade ago

legislators are too busy preying on children..

Source(s): mark foley
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.