Dodgester asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Yeah, yeah....rate my fantasy baseball team please...?

Ok, so it's a 10-team standard 5x5 league. In case ur wondering, I usually don't go for the big names in fantasy, preferring to go for the underrated players that don't get love, so they don't make the all-star team and such. Also, I went w/ my usual recipe-loaded offense, great closing, and taking starting pitchers after first 10 rounds (you'll be surprised how many good picthers you can take late. So here's my team:

C: Russel Martin

1B: Paul Konerko

2B: BJ Upton

3B: Edwin Encarnacion

SS: Hanley Ramirez

2B/SS: Kelly Johnson

1B/3B: Conor Jackson

OF: Carl Crawford, Vladimir Guerrero, Brad Hawpe, Nick Markakis, Shane Victorino

Utility: Gary Sheffield

Bench: Joey Votto, Evan Longoria, Lastings Milledge

Starting Pitchers: Brett Myers, John Maine, Chad Billiningsley, Dustin McGowan, Zach Greinke, Yovanni Gallardo (on my DL spot)

Relief pitchers: Joe Nathan, Bobby Jenks, Carlos Marmol, Troy Percival

I had 2nd pick...actually, i really like my team, very balanced, u guys?

I KNOW Longoria is in the minors...I still think he's gonna do when he gets called up and he's on my bench...for a month yeah. Every1 plays every day so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

And how is my lineup not consistent...I've got tons of seasoned players like Vladdy, Sheff, Nathan, etc. who perform season in and season out.

Ok the ppl that said 4/10 are completely BSing. No its not that I'm vain and can't see if my team suks or not, but for one thing look at their % of best answers. they obviously just go around saying bs. I wanted serious answers

Favorite Answer

It's pretty solid, but it's not amazing. I'd give it an 8/10.

C - Martin is the 2nd best catcher. He's the only catcher who can get you steals.

1B - Konerko has power but a low BA.

2B - Upton is a 30/30 threat at a weak position.

SS - Hanley is a 30/50 threat.

3B - Encarnacion is solid.

IF - Jackson has potential, and Johnson will get lots of runs hitting at the top of the order.

OF - Crawford is amazing for SB's and he'll contribute in all categories as well. Vlad is consistently great, and Hawpe is good as well. Markakis is a 20/20 threat, and Victorino is good for SB's as well.

Util - Sheffield is good for power, but don't expect many steals.

Bench - Lots of potential here. Milledge may be really good. Don't drop Longoria because he'll be great when he's called up.

SP - Myers is great for K's and Maine is solid. Billingsley has struggled in the spring, but he's alright. McGowan is a sleeper along with Greinke.

RP - Nathan is an elite closer, and Jenks is good as well. Percival has been great this spring, and Marmol will keep your ERA and WHIP low.

You have lots of OF's, so I'd trade a couple (Markakis, Sheffield) for either a great SP or another good hitter for your infield.

Hope I helped!

3

• Dhurt

4 out of 10

5 out of 10

4-10

It is a middle of the road team. Nothing stands out really as great . You RP's are solid but your starting pitching seems like it may be on the weak side.

I'd would say 5 out of 10 and be surprised if you were in the top5 teams in your league.

I think you picked a really good balanced team and it might win a league but i would drop Evan Longoria and see if you can't get anyone else because he was sent down to AAA.

• konrad

in the experience that your elegant, you may take your place city and %. a recognition (final twelve months i became into the Marion Crusaders, using fact i'm from Marion, Indiana, and that i had the previous-college Trident emblem from the Seattle Mariners). How with reference to the cloth Monsters? it incredibly is relaxing and nonsensical.

Average at best.........

Longoria is in the minors to start the season

lineup is not consistent

Out of a-f I give it a b and and it is pretty balanced