will i need a video card for my new acer 20 inch lcd monitor?

i have a 2002 dell dimension 4550. will i need a new video card to run this monitor properly?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

no, you wont need a new graphics card......if ya have onboard ya might have to keep it a lower resolution, like 1280x1024......a vid card,you could run the resolution higher, that the only difference...........scott

• 1 decade ago

I sincerely doubt it. Even if you are running onboard graphics, you should be able to use the monitor. The most you would have to get is an adapter for your computer depending on what cable comes with your monitor(VGA or DVI).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As long as the port on the monitor (probably VGA) has a place to be plugged into on the video card on the back on your computer- yeah, you won't have any problems.

• 3 years ago

Get an previous CRT (heavy tube video coach). they have greater beneficial useful great techniques-set viewing, and bigger useful assessment gradient than contemporary flat panels. you could desire to purpose utilising a great HDTV as a coach. optimal of those have a somewhat great view techniques-set. optimal desirable could be a video projector. those have an extremely huge techniques-set, based upon the floor it incredibly is projected upon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably not. It depends on your onboard graphix.

• 1 decade ago

Probably not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.