Why do people find it necessary to tear down the brand of bike that someone rides?

I have been riding motorcycles for almost 40 years.I have owned suzukis,yamahas,hondas, even a bultaco dirt bike.I choose to ride harleys now just because i like them!But i never cared what folks rode just was glad to see them riding.Didn't matter to me if it was jap british italian american...etc.But it pisses... show more I have been riding motorcycles for almost 40 years.I have owned suzukis,yamahas,hondas, even a bultaco dirt bike.I choose to ride harleys now just because i like them!But i never cared what folks rode just was glad to see them riding.Didn't matter to me if it was jap british italian american...etc.But it pisses me off to see people on here bash people for what they own.WTF do you care?Do you have to pay for it?Do you have to fix it if it breaks?Is it envy cause you don't have one?i have a 1956 panhead i've owned for 31 years.I dearly love that old leaky cranky vibrating piece of classic iron.It has more soul than any of you bike bashing punks.I might not like what a person rides but i would never ever try to tear them down and make what they ride seem wrong to be on.Y'all ought to be ashamed.
Update: this isn't meant to the people that just try to answer questions and help people.this for the one's that can't wait to cut someone down you know who you are
Update 2: as jason asked nope this doesn't pertain just to harleys it's a two way street as you state i have seen harley riders bash others bikes it's wrong no matter who does it about what kind of bike