Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Are HUMANS superior or better than other ANIMALS?

Please give me good reasons.

Favorite Answer

As Michael Pollan said, plants and animals have evolved and existed just as long as us humans. Plants have evolved just as much. Humans have recently gained this special feature we call consciousness. Well, corn has evolved to be super tasty, and we grow it everywhere. I'd say corn is doing pretty well for itself, using us humans to breed it like crazy across the world. Grass too.

I believe that we are all ultimately equal. It is just a matter of perspective. I've linked a very interesting talk in my source about this.

Superior how? A lion is superior to humans in strength. A human (some humans anyways) is superior to animals in academics.

Human beings were created by God. We were created in HIS image, in HIS likeness. That is why you have a moral conscious. If we were just animals, there would be no "code of justice" written on your heart. You would have no sense of right and wrong. If we were animals, no one would have the right to tell me I couldn't kill you. In other words, there would be no authority that was higher or better than me to make that LAW. Do you understand that?

You better thank GOD everyday that he is out there protecting you with the moral conscious he has written on other human's hearts, which restrains them from killing you at will. Animals have no such restraint! C'mon people, use your God-given critical thinking ability!

Depends on the aspect. Physically we are pretty weak and slow. Try fist fighting a bear or even wolves/attack dogs. We don't have any natural weapons like claws and our teeth aren't really made for attacking either. We would get outrun by many animals and cannot withstand the elements very well (naked, at least).

But all of that forced us to use our heads and our hands, so we're superior in tool use and cognition, obviously. I dunno, the question is too broad.

"Qua Man" is predicated only of Man. The predication is of greater objective metaphysical value than what is predicated of any other animal. Our minds are superior, which is where the entire predication originates, in the superiority of the human mind.

But if we are to survive as the superior species, we must contintue to understand that we need to preserve as many species as we can, because we all share something in common: symbiotic purposes in life.

Humans are the only animals to kill for territorial rights. I don't think Humans are superior. Humans kill other species, from fear. Wolves kill sheep, we raise sheep, only to kill them. What's so bad about wolves killing the occasional sheep, or cow. I would turn my cow in for insurance. It's a natural predator.

so a ways as all of us know, no canine can compose music, no dolphin can communicate in rhymes, and no parrot can resolve equations with 2 unknowns. in user-friendly terms people can carry out such psychological feats, probably using fact we are smarter than all different animal species—a minimum of by utilising our own definition of intelligence. in this venture, the human techniques includes no rather conspicuous characteristics that could account for the species’ cleverness. the lack of ability of an obvious structural correlate to human mind jibes with the theory that our intelligence won't be fully unique: analyze are revealing that chimps, between particularly some different species, own a variety of human likee social and cognitive skills.Psychologists have used such behavioral tests to mild up comparable cognitive feats in different mammals as nicely as in birds. Pigeons can discriminate between male and lady faces and between artwork by utilising different artists; they are able to additionally team photos into categories mutually with bushes, picking those belonging to a classification by utilising pecking with their beaks, an action that usually brings a nutrition advantages. Crows have psychological capacities that are overturning familiar know-how with reference to the techniques.

Humans are superior in the fact that we have souls. Animals don't.

• ADS

I will put it this way---- Let the human brain be replaced with that of an animal; we would be far inferior then the animal.

yeah because humans got brain to think and animals have brain too but they can't think like humans. that's make the differences from humans and animals.