Will Afrikaans ever die out as a language in South Africa?

When considering the mass emigration of Afrikaners and coloureds, the oppressive stance of the ANC government to Afrikaans as a language and culture, the fact that many Afrikaans parents choose to now educate their children through the medium of English as well as the general ignorant attitude of many Africans... show more When considering the mass emigration of Afrikaners and coloureds, the oppressive stance of the ANC government to Afrikaans as a language and culture, the fact that many Afrikaans parents choose to now educate their children through the medium of English as well as the general ignorant attitude of many Africans (reference Ayiza's historical viewpoints) towards the language how can it survive another 50 or even 100 years?
Update: Lise - I agree. I grew up as a "soutie" in Rustenburg (Western Transvaal) and was in my youth, a firm hater of the Afrikaans language and culture, primarily due to the beatings us souties suffered at the hands of the rural and often aggressive Afrikaners, after moving to Pretoria some 10 years ago, I... show more Lise - I agree.
I grew up as a "soutie" in Rustenburg (Western Transvaal) and was in my youth, a firm hater of the Afrikaans language and culture, primarily due to the beatings us souties suffered at the hands of the rural and often aggressive Afrikaners, after moving to Pretoria some 10 years ago, I subsequently met some wonderful Afrikaans speakers and even married one.
It was a mistake to jufge all Afrikaners then by the common miner mentality of Rustenburgers and their uncivilised behaviour although we were also guilty of provocation on numerous occassions.
I have grown to appreciate the language over time, although my in laws are still under the impression that I cannot speak Afrikaans when I am in fact fluent.
Update 2: Ayiza - I never said I was British and for the record, Afrikaans and Dutch are not the same language, are you not aware of that?
Update 3: Lise - Sies, there is nothing "wrong" with me.
Update 4: Ayiza - I may rot in Hell but that is certainly better than decaying in the chimpanzee grave yard as is your fate. What seed of division do you see in my question, you are obviously deluded from the years of self created persecution complexes you suffer from, thanks largely to your limited intelligence as well as... show more Ayiza - I may rot in Hell but that is certainly better than decaying in the chimpanzee grave yard as is your fate.
What seed of division do you see in my question, you are obviously deluded from the years of self created persecution complexes you suffer from, thanks largely to your limited intelligence as well as backwards mentality.
As far as I recall you made an undertaking never to answer my questions again? Do you like most Africans lack the courage to follow through with your convictions or did you forget as the undertaking was made more than a day ago?