Self-drive Namibia and Kruger National Park Safaris?

I will be traveling to South Africa with my parents who are in their late 70s (im in my early 40s). our plan is to do a 6-day self-drive safari in Namibia and then flying to Phalaborwa and doing a 7 day self drive safari in Kruger National Park. Is this enough time/too much time to spend in these regions? We have... show more I will be traveling to South Africa with my parents who are in their late 70s (im in my early 40s). our plan is to do a 6-day self-drive safari in Namibia and then flying to Phalaborwa and doing a 7 day self drive safari in Kruger National Park. Is this enough time/too much time to spend in these regions? We have no interest in ANY cities or beaches - Just leisurely self-drive wildlife viewing. Is this a good plan? Any thoughts or comments GREATLY appreciated. Also, how safe are these areas and what do we need to look out for? Thank you in advance for your comments. I have heard the term "Township" (and not to go into MOST of them in South Africa) - does the word "Township" refer to the obvious and simply mean "Towns," in the same way we refer to them in the USA.
3 answers 3