Carson asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What is your favorite quote from a movie, book, or song lyrics???

...or fave quotes in general

Favorite Answer

Song:

"Like a fiend with his dope

And a drunkard his wine

A man will have lust

For the lure of the mine"

(Merle Travis, "Dark as a Dungeon")

Movie:

"His God **IS** God."

(Ramses [Yul Brenner], "The Ten Commandments")

I have many favorite movie lines. But I think my all time favorite is from the film Anastasia, which starred Ingrid Bergman and Yul Brenner. Akim Tamiroff played one of Yul's sidekicks, the former manager of the Moscow Art Theater under Stanislavsky.

They are debating whether or not this girl [played by Bergman] could really be Anastasia, and Tamiroff's character says:

"As the great Stanislavsky used to say, when an actor believes he IS the character-- fire him!"

The Jerk

Navin R. Johnson -

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it. "

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." -Gladiator

Its all in the way he says it.

It dont matter what you tried to do to me, you couldnt destroy me! Im still standing! Im still strong! And I always will be.

-Antwone Fisher(favorite movie as well)

"Dont waste your breath. Save your tears for somebody who believes." -Matchbook Romance in the song Surrender

I'm an average nobody...I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook! Goodfellas

Source(s): Goodfellas...based on the book "Wiseguy"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"To the winch, Wench!"

The Never Ending Story

Life's a b.1.tch, now so am I! >>> Catwoman in Batman Returns (1992)

"so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep" - From "Patch Adams" it's from a poem by Pablo Naruda

Also -

"The shame I win for singing is all mine, the gold I miss for dreaming is all yours." - From the poem "Dear Friends" by Edwin Arlington Robinson