Saving an Excel chart to GIF or JPEG?

I'm on a forum and have created a worksheet that I'd like to post. One can only post a JPEG or GIF to the forum, and on my MAC I was able to print screen and save as GIF. But I'm on a PC now and the only thing I know to do with print screen is paste it into Word, which does not help me. I don't think I should have to download conversion files, as this is a simple thing that everyone on this forum is doing... help??

Favorite Answer

Ptint Scr will save an image of your desktop. Alt + Print Scr will save an image of the active program. Paste it into any image editing program. MS Paint..Irfanview.or any other.

• Don R

The Print screen method will work but it is extremely cumbersome. I have put that way behind me and now use a free program called FASTSTONE CAPTURE. I strongly recommend it.

You can download it from PCWORLD.COM. This is a great(and secure site) to use. They have a very extensive library of programs to download. Some are free, some shareware and some at a cost. The above is FREE.

Hope you try it and if you don't like it just do a System Restore to a time before you install it.

• camp

replica from Excel into Paint. a million. elect the area of the spreadsheet you desire to repeat. 2. desirable click and choose "replica" 3. launch Paint utility 4. desirable click in Paint and choose "Paste" 5. If necessary, Crop photograph in paint as necessary to get rid of white paint history 6. Hit shop as and choose "sort" as "JPEG".

You can print scrn and paste it into a graphics program like Photoshop.

Try "save as".