Have parents lost faith in themselves?

I see and hear a lot of people saying that if they found out their children's daycare provider was gay, atheist, etc., that they would take their children to a new day care provider. I see and hear a lot of people saying that they are pulling their kids out of schools because of what is being taught. The... show more I see and hear a lot of people saying that if they found out their children's daycare provider was gay, atheist, etc., that they would take their children to a new day care provider.

I see and hear a lot of people saying that they are pulling their kids out of schools because of what is being taught.

The way I was raised, my parents taught us to learn as much as we could about the world, accept everyone, and be respectful, but to always, always maintain who we were and who they raised us to be. My parents had faith in their parenting abilities to teach us to stand up for what we believed in, but to not turn our backs on those who disagreed with us or were different from us.

With so many parents trying to change society rather than raise their kids to be strong, does that mean parents have lost faith in their own parenting abilities? Why aren't more parents teaching kids to stand up for their beliefs and stay solid in who they are?

I hope that makes sense . . . .