I can't tell if he's trying to motivate me to lose weight or wants to keep up an image?

I'm 19 and I'm going out with a 29-year-old (soon to be 30) man. I've alays had a few problems with my weight, I mean, it's nothing horrible, I'm only a size 9/10 at 5'9", but I'm not in the best shape. He keeps saying that he wants me to lose weight to feel better about myself.... show more I'm 19 and I'm going out with a 29-year-old (soon to be 30) man. I've alays had a few problems with my weight, I mean, it's nothing horrible, I'm only a size 9/10 at 5'9", but I'm not in the best shape.

He keeps saying that he wants me to lose weight to feel better about myself. Well, he's built like a Greek god. I'm starting to wonder if he wants to maintain an image of us as like...the "perfect" couple or something.

We weren't drawn together simply because of the physical aspect of our relationship initially. So I don't know what's going on.