Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

Birds that Sing in the Night?!?

they are really annoying

idk what they are and what i can do

like they dont really sing i mean just chirp and they only chirp at night like until sunrise non-stop

and i think they are like a bit chubby birds and a grayish but idk what they are called

• OR
    Favorite Answer

i have never had to hear this but my guess is Mockingbirds. i am sorry it's annoying, but i am curious as to how they sound.

get a box fan, run it to muffle out noise, get the orange ear plugs at walmart they are in the hunting section (no guns!) i wear them all the time when i sleep best ones around. and i also have a flexible neck massager i put near my ears.

all 3 things muffle out the car stereo parties in our ghetto neighborhood so it is almost a sure thing for the birds at night.

This might be a Mockingbird, they are notorious night singers. Not much you can do about it as it is breeding season and birds will sing to protect territory and attract mates. You might want to invest in some ear plugs or one of those white noise machines.

I agree that it sounds like a mockingbird.

In the US, all native migratory birds are protected under federal law (Migratory Bird Treaty Act). It is illegal for anyone to kill, harm or harass a protected bird, or interfere with their nesting.

Penalties for violating this law include up to $500 and/or up to 6 months in jail for each offense. http://ipl.unm.edu/cwl/fedbook/mbta.html

So keep your window closed, and do as birdgirl suggested - use earplugs or sound machines to mask the sound of the bird.

If you are trying to get rid of them, try puting something sticky where they hang around. Birds hate anything sticky on their feet. If that doesn't help I say just get a cat. I know that sounds mean but it helps, and if you try the sticky thing don't put any thing that they will eat!

Source(s): Odd things that I know.

Could be Mockingbirds. I hear them all the time at night.

to stop the chirping put a blank over there cage make sure they can not see NO LIGHT this works for mine i hope it works for yours