Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 decade ago

Is a second Hezbollah-"Israel" war likely?

I mean they have developed rockets that can target most of the Jewish Occupied Palestine (JOP). Public support for them in Lebanon is at it's peak. Their political situation is improving too. Now that "Israel" has assassinated their top leader, they are seeking vengeance and justice, how likely is a war? I read that rockets have been developed that can target the Dimona nuclear reactor too. I am sure the Hezbollah resistance fighters will fight with a lot more devotion then they did in the last war. So if a second war breaks out any time soon, will the IDF loose again?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080327/ap_on_re_mi_ea...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Zeno
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nasrallah is their top leader,not the late assassination victim,although he was a major figure.

Nasrallah is a man of his word. He never been known to back down from a public commitment. He is also honorably giving the izzies fair notice. The war is not just likely; it is a reality. It only remains to be seen when hostilities will commence and where. He may want the zionist to do a pre-emptive strike so he can begin defensively,or he may seek to surprise them. I think they will make a pre-emptive move,putting them in an aggressor role,and he knows this. He is a very shrewd man. But the war is already declared and he will indeed proceed to prosecute it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is not likely . Hezbollah is not a resistance army any more . they have lost the legitimacy they had when Israel was occupying southern Lebanon . now they are an extended arm for Iran and Syria disrupting the stability of Lebanon and the region . it is true though that the Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon doesn't mean that Hezbollah should be dismantled , because what will guarantee that the Israelis will not go back and re-occupy southern Lebanon again ?. it is just a loop . like who came first ? the chicken or the egg ? Hezbollah is a huge problem , but nobody can do anything about it now until a comprehensive peace treaty is reached in the region where Hezbollah can change into a civilian organization . or be dealt with otherwise .

but i advice the Israelis of making peace as fast as they can this year before Mr Bush goes out of office . making peace now is necessary before the nukes seep into the area and then it well be very difficult to fix anything . just make peace with everybody . and i'm sure all the dangers will be diffused . Israelis should understand that they should be part of the area and not a foreign body in it . everything can have a solution . maybe the concessions are painful as Mr Olmert said , but the results are great and courageous steps are necessary .

• I believe that unless zion backs down, that we will see another war but this time an immensely destructive one.

I think though, that the government of zion realises that things are turning against them. Hezbollah's capability just might be what breaks the camel's back. Their destructive capability is sufficient to make force out the zionist population.

If Hezbollah targets the major facilities (as zion did in Lebanon) - power plants, water facilities, major infrastructure etc; life in ersatz israel will never be the same again. I think we will see this population move on to the US or back to Russia.

• Maya
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Likely and imminent and designed to coincide with the forthcoming JOA invasion of Gaza. The IDF will be caught in a war on two front,an ideal time for Syria to regain the Golan Heights.

"JOP"? I thought we agree on JOA for "jewish occupation authority". They have authority,that is undeniable. But they are not Palestinian.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i m on the contrary of louy

war at lebanon was very costy

although that war was not israeli war and israel want to regain cinfidence but in lebanon its costy

far much cheaper to regain confidence by warming up gaza strip

united nation presence on lebanese land made it rather very complicated

markel said her troops presence is to protect israel

that leaves gaza and west bank with no means of protection

israel knows that palestenian messiles hardly can harm and they know evry israeli pullet or shell will be in hearts of the highly populated gaza ,

so if they want to make a show it will be in gaza where evry pullet kills

• Mark
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Any land bordering Israel stands a good chance going the way of the Golan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Likely and welcome,particularly in combination with Hamas defence on a zionist reoccupation attempt.

• Louy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The war is very eminent, the Israelis will try again to win a war on Hezbollah, they need to regain confidence, at least infront of their people.

Like usual the civilians will be the real victims.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.