Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How bad is caffeine when TTC?

A couple days a week, I will take HALF a caffeine pill just to wake me up in the morning and get me going. Is this hurting my chances, does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

When TTC you should cut out all caffeine if you can. Also caffeine is a viscous cycle. If you have any caffeine it will stay in your system for 18 hours. So you may still have some in your system when you go to sleep and you may not sleep as well. I recently cut out all caffeine(except for some in chocolate) and I sleep better and wake up a little bit more spry.

• Vicky

I did some research on this because I'm a big tea drinker (like many Brits) and I simply can't get going in the morning without a cuppa! If you have one cup to wake you up, then apparently that's a fine level of caffeine if you're TTC. Any more than that is not suggested, so I have that one precious cup for breakfast and switch over to decaf for the rest of the day.

If your half-pill is equivalent to a cup of coffee, then you're probably going to be OK. But check on the contents of the pill because you never know what else is in there that would be bad. Maybe you can find a natural form of caffeine if you think it's an issue.

My dr. told me that it was ok for me to have one caffeinated beverage a day. That there is no proven facts that caffeine hurts the fetus, but to err on the side of caution.

I don't know if it hurts the chances of getting pregnant or not. I hope not, cause I still drink one pop a day.

Good luck to you and Baby dust to ALL

I read that women going through IVF have better results if they cut out caffeine. So I would imagine that all of us would do better without caffeine. However woman who drink tons of diet cokes a day still seem to get preggo. soooo i would drink in moderation and if you still arent making a baby then cut it out all together and see if that helps

Good Luck

I don't think caffeine pills are healthy in general.

Caffeine does supposedly hurt your fertility, but there are plenty of women who are big time coffee drinkers who are now mommies.

I am also getting my body prepared for that so i also would like to know the answer.... i have been having trouble changing my diet :( i work at a resturant and its hard not to eat unhealty. But good luck to you! Maybe we can share tips