Do you forgive an entire side of your family that has wronged you your whole life if they apologized?

One entire side of my family has rejected me as one of their own for my whole life. If they apologized, should I accept it when I prove it to them that I am one of their own?

Favorite Answer

well i don't know about you but if i was rejected for my whole life then i would not want to have anything to do with them

If they apologize, you should accept it. There's no benefit in carrying a grudge.

This doesn't mean that you are instantly a close part of the family. If there hasn't been a relationship before, there may not be much of one now. They may not even be the kind of people you want to be around very much.

But it's worth a try.

No, there so cruel for not accepting you as part of their family your whole life. You don't have to waste your time proving something like that to ignorrant people. Just keep your head up and laugh at their inability.

They need to stop being so "self centered" and learn that themselves.

One day they'll realize.......one day.......and you can let it go and forgive but never ever forget what they did.

Blood doesn't mean family. A family is whoever you want to be close with. Chances are that just b/c you have a piece of paper saying you are want change anybodys behavior towards you. Let them apologize if they want but don't expect any of them to start accepting you now. I don't say this to be mean I just know that my family doesn't all consist of blood and I accepted them for who they are not who I thought they were.

Yes.

I understand that you might wish to get even by rejecting their apology, but where would that leave you? You'd probably just remain bitter for the rest of your life. I say accept the apology and move on with your life.

well i wouldnt. why should they be able to treat you like crap your entire life and then apologize and make everything better? i dont talk to anyone on my dad's side of the family except my aunt, because i literally hate them. they've done horrible things to me and my family for as long as i can remember. if they came up to me and sincerely apologized that wouldnt change my feelings for them at all.

but do what you want, its your life. lol good luck

Forgiveness is not for those who may have wronged you but for you that you may be able to move on with you life.You do not need to prove yourself to anyone.Be successful whatever success means to you and acceptance will follow.success is the only tonic I know

No i dont think u shud. Ur their family but they blew their chance and udont treat someone like that. It's best if u just distance yourself and move on. Ur less likely to get hurt all over again that way.

Forgive and forget, if they are now willing to accept you why turn down the offer? Start anew and see what happens.

Well, blood is one of the parner of them.you should accept and forgive for them