Tickets to the White House?

I am a Maryland (MD) resident, and I wanted to get some tickets for a tour in the White House. It would be a group of 7. Most likely in August.

I did some research and I found out that you have to send a letter to your city mayor (or someone in the local government) with the names of the people, and then you should get the tickets.

Thanks

Tickets to who?

• DON W
    Favorite Answer

Here is the procedure, taken from the White House website:

White House Tours

Public tours of the White House are available for groups of 10 or more people. Requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress and are accepted up to six months in advance. These self-guided tours are available from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday (excluding federal holidays), and are scheduled on a first come, first served basis approximately one month in advance of the requested date. We encourage you to submit your request as early as possible since a limited number of tours are available. All White House tours are free of charge. For the most current tour information, please call the 24-hour line at 202-456-7041. Please note that White House tours may be subject to last minute cancellation.

• Actually, you have to write your Congressperson. If you don't know your Representative, shame on you, and go to www.house.gov. They will probably want pertinent information on everyone in your party; when my dad was trying to get tickets when he and my sister were visiting, they wanted our DOB and Social Security Numbers. And even then, there is no guarantee you'll get tickets.

It's good you're getting started early. You absolutely have to request tickets several months in advance.

Good Lord...what if your city's mayor is like Marion Berry? Will you have to pay for the sins of your mayor and be banned?

yes you do have to send a letter one of my friends went there last year

you should get the tickets