Do you think this 2001 prediction about George W. Bush turned out to be pretty spot on?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784

This a headline from the satirical newspaper, The Onion.

Now, The Onion is satire (or is it), but this was written in Januray of 2001. This was eight months before 9/11 and two years before the war in Iraq.

It's pretty amazing how accurately it turned out.

Favorite Answer

no..its BS..and then you think that The dems had this election sewed up from the start..everybody hates the war and Bush and would have pretty much voted for somebodys dog...so what do the dems do?...they give us a choice between the Most Hated Woman In America and some dude that scares the bejeezus out of people with his racism and his ties to fund raising for mid east terror groups and his cut rate luxury home buying and his fawning connections to a minister that gave a lifetime achievement award to LOUIS FARRAKHAN?..this is THE BEST they have to offer us?....

Do you have any specific complaint about Bush or just trite and general whining? Maybe we should have just wrung our hands after 9-11, I'm sure the terrorists would have taken that as a sign to leave us alone. After all, since Spain ran away with their tail between their legs, they haven't attacked them. Oh wait, yes they did. Same with France, no matter how much comfort and cover they provide, they're still targets for these crazies.

We certainly have ruined the environment under Bush, right? No, wait, I guess not. Cleaner water and air, still no drilling in ANWR, he's even caved on global warming and agreed to a program parallel to Kyoto without surrendering our sovereignty to the UN. Yes, he's a disaster as president.

Wouldn't it be much better to have our troops out of Iraq so these jihadists could be attacking schools and shopping malls here in the US? Definitely better not to meet them head on with well-trained soldiers, let mall rent-a-cops deter that threat.

I like the Onion but I don't see anything prophetic about this. I seem to recall hearing that Clinton deployed our troops more than once, even putting them under UN commanders which I hope we never do again. They swear an oath to our country so let's not put them in a position where that loyalty might be put in jeopardy.

• crunch

That's odd, I've been predicting war with the Islamic nutjobs since 1979; the year the world changed for the worse.

Afganistan changed.

Iran changed.

Iraq changed.

Saudi Arabia changed.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saud...

http://www.payvand.com/news/06/mar/1090.html

The Onion is more real than half the mainstream media.

It's good to see that someone recognized what sort of a chump this guy is before he got the opportunity to really screw things up.

so was the prediction of the song `fortunate son` by ccr and the nsa speech in the movie `good will hunting`.

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,

Ooh, they're red, white and blue.

And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",

Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,

Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.

But when the taxman comes to the door,

Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,

Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,

And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"

Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,

Why shouldn't I work for the NSA? That's a tough one. But I'll take a shot. Say I'm working at the NSA, and somebody puts a code on my desk, something no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cuz I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East, and once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels are hiding. Fifteen hundred people that I never met, never had no problem with, get killed. Now the politicians are saying, "Oh, send in the marines to secure the area", 'cuz they don't give a ****. It won't be their kid over there, getting shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cuz they were pulling a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie over there taking shrapnel in the ***. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his *** got his old job, 'cuz he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. They're taking their sweet time bringing the oil back, of course, maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and ******' play slalom with the icebergs, it ain't too long till he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work. He can't afford to drive, so he's walking to the ******' job interviews, which sucks because the shrapnel in his *** is giving him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starving 'cuz every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're serving is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holding out for something better. I figure: **** it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected President.

• John R

Why not, sounds about Right to me. Besides, His has been the, in my opinion, the WORST Presidency and Administration this Country has EVER HAD!!!!!! I dare ANYONE to find a " Worse One"!!!!!

Thanks for bringing up the Onion, great clips, and they were spot on about Dumbya. Check my home page, I have some other links you might be interested in that are up to date.

I like this one. It's Alex Jones 4 months before 9/11 begging people to call the White House and tell them to call off the false flag terror operation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGtOFudmHG8

Youtube thumbnail

ps. all the thumbs down in the world ain't gonna change the truth.

dont know about that but i remember as we found out that he won and were watching tv the day it was announced, my grandmother said "now watch, we're going to war" and obviously she was right.

• If you can characterize the bombing of the World Trade Center, the bombing of the USS Cole, the bombing of our embassies and a host of other attacks that Bill Clinton elected to ignore peace, you have a different view of what constitutes peace than I do.

I always knew that George W Bush was a visionary leader.