What band would you like to be a member off?

If you could instantly play any instrument or sing ... which band would you like to be a member of? Why? If you could cover any song from any other band.... what song would it be?

Time for some serious Fantasy Island stuff. Have fun!

edit to Rckets>>>> the Pina Coladas are extremely important.

My personal fantasy would be to sing with Ian Gillan for Deep Purple... we would make some amazing duos, me with a voice very similar to Grace Slick meets Ella Fitzgerald and guitar god Steve Morse would play those amazing solos right next to me!!! wow.

we would cover....URIAH HEEP'S July Morning. Awesome fantasy.....

• Rckets
    Favorite Answer

The thing is if I were to be given an all expense paid trip to Fantasy Island, playing rock and roll star would be way at the bottom of my to-do list. For purposes of this question, I'll say make me into a guitar player, not necessarily a virtuoso. Put me in KMFDM and I'll play an old classic tune like Virus.

Reality tells me you can stick my a** in something lame like the second coming of Third Eye Blind and most of my other fantasies would be more than covered.

Tell Mr Roarke to get the rum and coke ready and toss in some pina coladas.

I'd probably join up with Guns N' Roses just to be on stage with Axel Rose and Slash during gigs. I'd hate to kick any of the guys out of the band so i'd prolly just be another added guitarist. I cant play guitar like eddie van halen, slash, or rhandy rhoads(at least not at their speeds) but the description is just if you could instantly play an instrument and guitar has always seemed awsome to me. If i was to cover a song...It would have to be Crazy Train or Eruption just because of the awsome guitar solos.

I can play an instrument, and that is the guitar, but IF I had to choose to be a member of the band, I would choose to be a member of Lordi, and take over as the lead guitarist, Why? you ask, well, I know most of Lordi's songs by heart on the guitar... so, it wouldn't be a problem for me

If I could cover any song, I would cover Love Song by Tesla

• I would love to have been in a band, or to have just done some basic guitar + bass blues with Paul Kossoff. Either that, or form a blues-rock band. It's an incredible shame that he died as early as he did...the world was robbed of one of the greatest guitarists ever on that day.

I also think it'd be cool to play with a band like Grand Funk Railroad. Relatively simple rock, but it has so much energy that it doesn't matter. It would be a lot of fun to be on stage, just rocking out to a simple, hard, driving song and having a blast.

I wouldn't mind being the 5th member of Pink Floyd in their glory years. Singing Echoes with Rick and Dave in Pompeii, preforming on the Division Bell tour to rockin' out with Syd and the rest of the gang. I don't know what I would play seeing as how the main instruments are taken, I suppose I could be backup guitar... or just sing.

I'd play the bagpipes for the Pogue Mahones(aka the Pogues the name had to be shortened because it sounded the same phonetically as the Gaelic phrase "Pog Ma Thon" meaning "kiss my @$$"). I'd talk the rest of the Pogues into doing a Celtic Fusion cover of the Janis Joplins"Bobby McGhee" featuring Amy Lee on vocals. Is that too much :)

KISS in the 70s. They took both live shows and hedonism to previously unheard-of levels. Or Iron Maiden. They always looked like they were having a good time.

I'd cover "Stealin'" by Uriah Heep. It's just a great song.

I'd like to be the glue that holds Phish together, but there'd have to be some major changes, musically and otherwise.

But technically Phish is no longer a band, so I'll go with my second choice: Tommy Walters' band, The Abandoned Pools.

Cover song? "Debaser" by The Pixies.

• Keeler

I'd sing and play tambourine...and be the fifth member of The Who (so Pete didn't always have to sing the girl roles in the rock operas).

I'd cover Queen's The Prophet's Song.

KISS. Then i could all the crazy **** I want and no one would saya thing. They might even cheer. The song I would play? I have no other choice but to say Rock And Roll All Nite.

Alternitively, AC/DC. They seem like cool guys. plus, I could see Malcolm Young every day. And as long as Angus doesn't sweat near me, we're good. I'd want to play one of their classics. Something like Sin City, that a person could really get into.