Is it okay to switch between 1st and 3rd person narratives?

I'm actually a really crappy writer i've realized. Everything I write, no matter how inspired how whatever I feel, just doesn't LOOK right and doesn't capture the emotion or whatever i see in my head... but my question is, can you swtich between narratives? In my story i sort of want to get... show more I'm actually a really crappy writer i've realized. Everything I write, no matter how inspired how whatever I feel, just doesn't LOOK right and doesn't capture the emotion or whatever i see in my head...

but my question is, can you swtich between narratives?

In my story i sort of want to get the perspective of the male protagonist but it's a 1st person story told by a female character. Would it be okay to break in the middle of the chapter and talk 3rd person about the guy character for a little bit? It would only be like a paragraph to let the reader see something that the usual narrator doesn't see...

Can you pull that off successfully or is that a definite no?