Is this wrong to do?

My music techer at my school says this girl can sing but she really cant. some girls that he says can sing can sing. i get the feeling that he cant say "No, u cant sing!" i want this teacher to be straight with his students. wat if the person who cant sing tries out for american idol. they would just embrassed themselves n not make it. we hav a varity show n this girl who cant sing is singing n my one friend told me she is really bad n is gonna embrass herself. that teacher said she can sing n got that girls hopes up. i think the techer should say straight if they can or cannot sing. wat do u think?

Favorite Answer

i agree becky. alexis cant sing but "music teacher" says all of that stuff he should totally be stright up!

What would you rather the teacher do crush the girls hopes and in the process never let her sing aain, or let the girl keep her hopes up so she can still feel pride

I think it's great of your teacher to cultivate self-worth in his students. It's good that he's encouraging people to do what they want, and to not be afraid. You sound like a petty brat for even thinking that you have a place in this situation. I bet you're the kind of girl who loves to pick at people who already feel bad about themselves. Your "concern" for her is as plastic as a barbie.

If she wants to try out for american idol, or record her own lp, or hit up all the kareoke bars she can find, more power to her.

She has the rest of her life to have the world beat her hopes and dreams out of her. Let her enjoy herself for the time being.

This is high school, not juliard. Grow up.

omg i have the same problem. this girl at my school keeps getting solos in our concerts, and she isnt that great. she is off key and has no range at all. the teacher wont tell her that she cant sing, and her mom is making the teacher let her sing the solos! i thought that was really bad, and me and my friends confronted the teacher. we told him tthat she cannot sing and that we know her mom is making him let her. we got him to record her voice and make her listen to it. after she listened to her voice, she didnt want to sing the solos anymore! so you should definitely record her and have her listen. if she still wants to sing, then i would have to say just forget it. you tried to help her, but if she refuses your help, you will have to let her get the response she deserves.

hope this helped!

Source(s): personal experience =]

you're teacher isn't doing the right thing which isn't fair to anybody

maybe you could offer to help her with her singing or say something to her

• Bear

The teacher should be more honest with his students. Try talking to the teacher about it.

Maybe she does have a good voice but you think she doesn't...not everyone agrees that Mariah Carey is a good artist or Jordan Sparks or Alicia Keys or whoever.

Definitely.

You lost me at..."My music techer".... You need a couple of English courses sweetie.

only the teacher would get the real embarasment

why don't you try and talk to her or the teacher.? tell the teacher you don't want her making a fool of herself..xx..♥