Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Is it true that having a cactus near your computer helps absorb radiation?

I heard that keeping a cactus near your computer helped to absorb harmful radiation. Is this true? Why is it a cactus? How does it absorb the radiation, and other plants cannot?

Any information is helpful and appreciated.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should definitely have some plants in your room... I don't know about radiation but the air and smell are going to be better. I heard the same thing but about a fern.

Probably cactus because the person who started it was to lazy to have a plant that needs to be watered more than once every three months

Source(s): I used to have plants in my room untill I moved from my parents
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I never heard of that before. So I looked it up. Here a link that mentions it:

http://www.healthmad.com/Health/Nine-Effective-Tip...

I don't know the reason, but my guess is it is the type of energy of the cactus. Everything has energy, including plants. Maybe something about the energy of cactus absorbs radiation.

Then again, I am not an expert. Maybe it has no effect at all.

• 1 decade ago

Never heard of such a thing.

Your PC does not transmit... no radiation scares that I'm aware of.

A cactus beside your desk can be pretty - so perhaps the prettiness distracts you from your workload, thus making you more relaxed. If you're more relaxed then you're rationalizing it as a radiation thing???

• 1 decade ago

not only is that incredibly untrue , but it would be pointless if it werent. all matter produces radiation, and high electronics produce SLIGHTLY more than matter like that in your body. however it is nowhere near being even vaguely close to having the slightest affect on ANYTHING. thousands of times more powerful radiation goes through your head every moment of every day of your life, from cell phones television the sun and just about everything else, and none of it does anything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it's not cactus. there is this other plant that sucks the negative ions from high electronic places. i forgot what that plant was called. if you ask a korean woman, they should be able to tell you since it is very popular among the korean population.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i had a cactus next to my computer, but i tripped and fell on it and now i'm typing this from the hospital.

• ?6 years agoReport

get better soon.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

never heard of it

• 1 decade ago

nah microwave?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.