If a racist has a good idea, does it make that idea racist?

White supremist violent groups are against illegal immigration, immigration that is, illegal. So, if they say that illegal immigration will be bad for our country, which is a valid point, does that make anyone who says immigration will be bad a racist? Or does that make the very idea racist?

• ~Les~
    Favorite Answer

A good idea is not made racist or sexist or homophobic becuase the person who had the idea might happen to be. A good idea is simply that, a good idea. How each person deals with their own views is subject to having a racist or any other irrational view influence a basically good thought.

It makes the idea sound somewhat racist. Its really just how each and every person views the subject. Some look at illegal immigration and hate the illegal immigrants for various reasons, such as it being "bad" for the country.

But the way I see it is this: can you honestly blame the illegal immigrants? Here and in the U.S. and other democratic and capitalist countries are many opprotunities offered for a better life than the one the illegal immigrants live. While I do think they shouldnt just walk in here, I do pity them because they do have every reason to move to a country where you can make a better life for yourself.

But, to make a point on racism and this idea, again, its how you view it. White supremists say its bad because the illegal immigrants arent white, so therefore, their view of the idea is racist.

Though the law against illegal immigration seems to only pertain to Latinos (mostly because of their close proximity to the US), it doesn't. It also pertains to Ukrainians, South Africans, Filipinos, and every other country (I just used those examples because there are a lot of them around where I live). So therefore, saying and agreeing that illegal immigration is bad for our country is not racist, because they are not speaking out against any one ethnic group.

If they are talking about ALL illegal immigrants then no, it is not racist.

If they are only against immigrants of different race, then yes, the idea is racist.

Illegal immigration is against the law so it is not a racist statement since it applies to anyone who tries to enter this country illegally. Therefore the statement is not racist.

If they're against it because they hate people of other races-- yes, it is racist.

You can be against illegal immigration for other reasons, however, in which case, it's not a racist idea.

However, many people (though not all) who are against illegal immigration

1) don't understand the issue or the economy completely, and

2) are xenophobes who emphasize the "illegal" part, but really just don't like non-white immigration in general

"Hitler built the Autobahn, but that doesn't mean I won't drive on it." Not literally true, but the principle is one I agree with.

Just because white supremacist groups espouse an idea, it doesn't mean the idea is racist. (Otherwise, if you think about it, they could manipulate the political process by publicly embracing ideas they wanted suppressed.)

Is opposition to illegal immigration racist? Not inherently. But some people's reasons for feeling so strongly about it are racist.

Source(s): I'm Jewish.
  • Pazit.

They don't say that illegal immigration is bad for the country, they say that non-white immigration is bad for the country

So yes, that particular idea is racist.

I don't think being against illegal immigration is racist.

Jasper carrot had the right ideal. He opposed the immigration of Asians and was accused of racism. He said

"I'm not racist against Asians, I like curry, but now we got the recipe is there any need?"