How long can yogurt stay ok to eat unrefrigerated?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I have yogurt that has been unrefrigerated for a day. How long can it stay edible? Can it give you food poisoning?
Best Answer
  • nora answered 6 years ago
A day is a long time. Throw it out to be safe. I wouldn't eat it after about 3 hours.
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (5)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Tobes answered 6 years ago
    I'd say no longer than a day, depending on the temperature in the room it was left in. Obviously the warmer the room is, the quicker it's going to go bad. It also depends if the yogurt has been pasteurized. If it has, it means it'd last a little longer without going bad. It should say on the tub whether or not it is pasteurized.

If it's gone bad, it can make you sick. Naturally, the severity of the sickness will depend on HOW bad the yogurt has gone. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk it, I'd throw it out.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • I have a circle on my head. answered 6 years ago
    I'm guessing about 3 or 4 hours if it's opened. Just to be safe, don't eat it if it's been out for more than 3 hours.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • divineunicorn@sbcglobal.net answered 6 years ago
    Personally, I wouldn't eat yogurt that has been out for more than six hours. You can pack it in a lunchbox and it will still be okay at lunchtime, but after twenty-four hours it's likely to have gone bad. And yes, spoiled yogurt can give you food poisoning. And food poisoning isn't fun at all. Just throw the container out and buy some new yogurt.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Michael Schumacher fan 1956 answered 6 years ago
    No soon as the warmth gets to it,it can breathe nasty bacteria as soon as you buy yogurt eat it within 3 days once it have been refrigerated from the shops
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ramona Fitzpumpkin answered 6 years ago
    If you haven't opened the container just follow the date printed on the yogurt tub.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock