Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does everyone hate George Bush?

I know he's not the best President that we've had but i don't understand why he's so hated.

I hear people say that he cheated in the 2004 election, but i think that's kind of ridiculous.

It doesn't make sense to me when 13 year olds are talking about how much our President sucks.

Favorite Answer

Let me answer this, as best I can. Whether GW Bush is Republican or had he been a Democrat, Independent or Libertarian he's had a lot of extraordinary events occur during his Presidency which he was and still is ill equipped to handle. A lot of mistakes are being made and no plausible solutions are being offered. It seems that this Presidency is flummoxed.

So as you state, a lot of people think Bush sucks because he is the leader of the free world, he's the person ultimately responsible. He may be doing the soft shoe waiting for McCain, but the rest of us are worried about our country.

The legacy of GW Bush's Presidency has yet to be seen fully. After Nixon resigned, many said that his Presidency would be viewed as successful and even great--that hasn't happened. So who knows, the fall-out of the Bush legacy is going to play out for a long time and this period of American history will be significant.

I get the impression that you are a young adult, so let me apologize for the mess we are leaving your generation with. I'm thankful that you and your friends are interested in politics and learning more about it. I think my generation isn't involved or as invested as we should be.

Great question!

• The simple minds of the easily swayed. He was legitimately elected yet they cry. Their candidate was a fool in 04 and never stood a chance. Bush has not been the greatest president of all time but he has done well and he reacted appropriately to the terrorist attacks. You really want to see his detractors run away point out all the UN sanctions sadaam flat out ignored and they suddenly get quiet.

First off ,speak for yourself..I like the guy..also the media is so bias it's foolish..The people that want a dem to be in charge hated Bush from day 1 of his term..

Just think of AL and his loser beard and his 80 lbs over weight

and take solace in that..

He has been a decent President and has done very well in very troubling times.

He has been the victim of one of the worst smear campaings ever of a sitting President.

He didn't cheat in the 2004 election, he cheated in the 2000 election (actually - his staffers and GOP advisors and campaign staff cheated) The election was decided by a local Florida election official who turned out to be a Bush campaign donor and local republican party official - remember? the case went all the way to the supreme court and was decided by the majority vote (carried by a Bush sr. bench nominee).

• Millie

Children repeat what their hear like parrots. Sadly many adults, uncapable of thinking by themselves, do the same. You've probably heard of a children rule that says: "either we play my way or I'll take my toys away"............that's the reason...

• jdw

His is a scapegoat for all of societies woes. People over spent and under saved the last eight years, now they are angry.

They are parroting the main stream media. Spreading hate for the country's leader is Soviet politics at it's best.

• Capone

According to polls, people dislike congress even more.