Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

cannabis more effective in treating alzheimers than top approved medication?

has anyone done any research on this

• Nic
    Best Answer

My Mother and Alzheimer’s and cancer by http://www.myspace.com/hempjack

"Around 1983, when my mother was 75 years old, she was in the first stages of Alzheimer’s disease. She came out to California from Miami Beach for six weeks to visit my children and me. My son, Barry went into the airport to get her, while I waited in the car. Although she had just seen him the year before, she didn’t recognize him and thought he was trying to pick her up. My older sister, Marlene, explained to me that was a symptom of the disease.

At that time, I was just beginning to write a book called “The Emperor Wears No Clothes” about the history of hemp, including the medical history of cannabis. I had read many reports about diseases being treated with cannabis, including the first reports on Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. One report said that if you smoke marijuana morning, noon and night you won’t have a problem with Alzheimer’s. It won’t go away but it won’t progress and may even go backwards a little bit.

My mother didn’t smoke except for maybe 10 tobacco cigarettes a year. When she came to California I gave her marijuana morning, noon and night. She smoked it and ate it. She had never tried it before.

Prior to this, I was never able to really talk to my mother. Our conversations always consisted of her telling me to “don’t do this” or “don’t do that.” Now, for the first time, I was able to talk to my mother about everything including politics, family and about when she first came to the U.S. from Poland 60 years before. It was the most wonderful time in my whole life being able to talk with my mother like that. My only regret was that I didn’t give it to her when she was 45 or 55.

After six weeks she had no symptoms of Alzheimer’s whatsoever. Then it was time for her to go back to Miami Beach to my stepfather. I sent her back with about 60 joints. I was planning on sending her 60 already rolled joints a month.

When she got home she showed her husband what she was doing and he had a fit about her smoking so she quit. He said “You can’t smoke marijuana. I don’t care if you think it’s good for you or not. It’s against the law.” They threw away the 60 joints.

Two years later my mother got so bad she was put into a hospital. One year later she didn’t recognize me or my children at all. She died in 1990. The last 4 years she didn’t recognize me at all when I came to visit.

When I wrote the first edition (106 pages) of my book, I wrote that Alzheimer’s disease is best treated by using marijuana morning, noon, and night (not once in a while). Everyone thought I was crazy, including my brother and sister.

I have kept up on all the information about marijuana for the last 30 years. I’ve known about the preliminary studies for Alzheimer’s since the early ‘80s.

It was recently reported on CNN and newspapers throughout the world that using marijuana is the best treatment for Alzheimer’s. If you use marijuana morning, noon and night it won’t progress. You may even get better. If you start using it when you’re 20 or 30 or 40, your chances are high you will not get Alzheimer’s. Cannabis has been proven to be many times more effective than the drugs currently being used to treat it. But marijuana is illegal in most places.

Thirty percent of all medicines used 100 to 200 years ago were made out of compounds of natural marijuana. In 1964, researchers discovered the main ingredient is THC. No one has ever died from using marijuana.

In 1974, Virginia Medical College in Richmond, Virginia did research on tumors of the lung, brain, liver and kidney using mice and rats. Incredible things were done. The cancer stopped growing and in most cases even reversed itself 100 percent. Some of the mice who were given cancer and treated with cannabis actually lived longer than some of the control mice who were not even given cancer! It was found that marijuana is the best thing to treat cancer of the lungs, brain, etc. After that they were stopped from doing anymore research at all by first Nixon and then Ford. No research with positive results could be done, only research with negative results. That’s the way it’s been since 1975 until now, even though a 1999 marijuana study turned out to be positive also.

You live almost two years longer if you smoke marijuana morning, noon and night. This was the result of the most extensive research ever done (from 1968 to 1974). It was a $6,000,000 study done by Dr. Vera Ruben in Jamaica and Costa Rica. Today that same research would cost $150,000,000. If you smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, you will lose approximately 8-24 years off your life. If you don’t smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol you will live (in the U.S.) until about 76 for a man and 78 for a woman. But if you smoke marijuana and don’t smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, you live about two years longer than that.

When this study came out in 1974, Nixon and then Ford dropped the most expensive research ever done on anything whatsoever. No more research of any type could be done on marijuana to prove the positive effects, only negative effects. From 1974 until now. "

Read my book “The Emperor Wears No Clothes” and get mad. The chapters are online free at my website, www.jackherer.com.

• Hope

Cannabis I am not aware of, used for Alzheimer's patients.

However --

I have witnessed an amazing transformation toward alertness and participation once again in the life of an elderly Alzheimer's patient. She began taking CINNAMON capsules in January. Results became apparent in about 3 wks. time.

Yes, absolutely. Cannabis was demonized in the 1930s and it was given the name "marijuana" to further turn the public against it. The Hearst newspapers picked up the story, and spread the lies about it nationwide. That was a crime. The federal government scheduled it as the worst drug possible, in the same class as heroin, depriving citizens of a wonderful drug which could save millions of lives a year. Google a documentary "Marijuana Miracle Cure" and you will be amazed about the documented cases of people who have been cured with advanced cancer and even Alzheimer's disease. You won't see doctors recommending it, because they are too busy getting rich prescribing chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery.

post poning a actual problem for a hour is not a cure