How to become bonded liscence insured?

I am in Oregon and trying to start my own business. I am just out of high school though and have no clue what to do to get my liscence, which basically tells people that they can trust me/ hold me accountable if I were to be in their home.

Do I go through a background check? I'm sure I do but If anyone has had a similar experience or has their own business or this liscence I would appreciate it if you'd help me.

Favorite Answer

Since you neglected to say what business you wish to start, we can't really answer that part of your question. Some businesses--contractor, beautician, etc- need coursework and to pass tests before they can be licensed. But if you are think about something like a lawncare or cleaning business, etc., check with your city or county (usually the clerk's office) and see if you need a business license or fictitious name license. They generally don't cost much-$25-$50, for 3-5 years.

Insurance and bonding is done through insurance agents/companies. Call around and ask them questions and get quotes. If you are just starting out, don't let them talk you into a really high $ coverage-like $1 million. You don't need that much, unless you are in a business that damages, etc, could reach that amount.

I hope this helps you alittle.