Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Have you ever met an NFL player, of the past or present?

Me and my dad met Jeff Blake(former saints QB) in 2001, ive shaken Jesse Palmers hand and i saw Jerry Rice from a distance. Also, in 2005 i got a autograph from Michael Vick.

What NFL player have you met or seen?

Best Answer

Because the Ravens were a new team, they were trying to build a strong fan base and after home games, the only thing that separated the players from the fans were these 3 foot high steel gates that came in small sections. Jonathon Ogden is def. around 7'5" with the afro, Tony Siragusa is as funny in person as he is on tv, Peter Boulware's arms are twice the size of my head, Jermaine Lewis looked like a freshman in high school. Ray Lewis knew he was a star and had the entire Baltimore City Police Department escort him to his car lol. I'd have to say the coolest person I met from the Ravens was Michael McCrary. We knew he wouldn't be playing much longer and his extended family was standing outside the locker room waiting for him, he has an uncle that plays jazz on tour with B.B. King. Anyway, I kept looking at this drop dead gorgeous girl thinking it was Michael's wife, and when Michael came out an introduced his family to my mom, my brothers, my friends and I, he introduced her as his sister!!! If MM wasn't about 6'5" I definitely would have asked for her number lol. Shannon Sharpe is the biggest asshole on the planet. Waited 2 hours after the game in the FREEZING cold to get a picture of him, we were the only four people left outside the locker room. "Mr Sharpe can I get a picture?" "Nah nah nah man I gotta get home, got kids to feed."

Richard Dent

My first NFl player meeting was a superbowl MVP

I have done football camps with Charles Peanut Tillman, Nathan Vasher and a few more Chicago Bears players.

I met Dwight Clark, famous for being the receipient of the "Catch" from Joe Montana, in a supermarket checkout line. I noticed the gigantic ring on his finger and struck up a conversation about it. It happened to be a Super Bowl ring. Nice guy.

Junior Seau came into a bar that i worked at in Arkansas. He was really nice and let us take pics with him. I've met some other old timers that came from Arkansas- Joe Ferguson Buffalo Bills, Dan Hampton Chicago Bears.

I have met many and some of the coolest were Jim Everett (Rams), Jackie Slater (Rams), Jerry Rice (49ers), Roger Staubach (Cowboys), Dan Fouts (Chargers), Lyle Alzado (Broncos/Browns), Franco Harris (Steelers), just to mention a few.

I saw Ryan Leaf once in a Vegas casino, but i didn't talk to him. Although not a player, i met Dan Reeves at a resturaunt too, nice guy

I got to meet Brett Farve! he really did not want to talk about football though! he was nice talked about hunting and fishing! he did give me an autograph of him with him running around the super bowl after he beat the Pats! I do wise I could meet TO, STEVE YOUNG or Bart Starr!

• I use to live in Hampton Virginia where Michael Vick is from, Well it is right next to Newport News and I met him at a Home Depot where my mom worked. My mom ripped a price tag of of a stool and he signed it. It was pretty cool. My uncle went to school and hung out with Aaron Brooks, I never met him but it is pretty cool.

Tom Brady! Legitimately most awesome moment of my life. He was working out in a park by himself and I recognized him and couldn't believe he was out in the middle of the city in a random park working out. He came across real bashful and aww shucks like when I came up to him... he talked to me casually for about 10 minutes. Honestly... despite what people think about him for whatever reason... you would be hardpressed to meet a nicer guy. By the end of the talk didn't even seem like I had been talking to Tom Brady... just like talking to a regular guy. Honestly...screw whoever has ANYTHING bad to say about that guy.

I knew Jake Plummer in High School (in Idaho).

Also, spending a good portion of my childhood in the Denver area, I met Elway, Johnson/Jackson/Nattiel (the 3 amigos), Orson Mobley, Rulon Jones.....and a handful of other Denver players.

My buddy and I used to give Brock Forsey hell when he was a kid. Mostly because my buddy was his older brother and....well, you know how that goes. He had a great career at Boise State, then got drafted by Chicago.....then didn't do sh*t