Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Why wrestling is an Olympic sport ??

In Ancient Greece wrestling was really developed into a sport, and was included in the Olympic Games in 704 bc.

but now a days it is not a part of Olympic sports, why ??

------------)----->

I hope you will STAR this question.

Greco Roman wrestling is a part of Olympic.

but,

I am talking about WWE, TNA e.t.c

Favorite Answer

They aren't apart of it because they are scripted. The Olympics are NOT scripted. This is obvious.

Actually wrestling is still an Olympic event. I watch it frequently when the summer Olympics role around. The traditional Greco-Roman style is the only style still practiced in the Olympics however. If your asking about WWE style wrestling then the answer is simple; because it's scripted. Hey don't get me wrong I love pro wrestling but we all know the winner is predetermined. You can't have that kind of thing in the Olympics what would be the point?

I don't understand your question?

Why wrestling is an Olympic sport?

Because its a sport, its an individual team sport, why wouldn't it be in the Olympics.

You say that now a days it is not a part of the Olympic sports ?

That is not true. It is a part of the Olympic games.

Star your question? lol are you kidding?

Besides the fact that wrestling shows like WWE,TNA, etc are considered entertainment. Except for Basket Ball professional athletes are not permitted in the Olympics (although I understand they have lifted that ban in other Olympic events as well.)

Professional Wrestling is scripted.

Also, the athletes in Professional Wrestling take up characters and personas from both stereotypes and fiction. The Olympics is not the place for things like that; it is for competition between the World's most critically acclaimed athletes in a specific sport that is NOT scripted.

back in the ancient times there was something very much like WWE wrestling called Pancatuim. its kinda like UFC just without the martial arts moves when they brought the olympics in the 1800's they just left it out

Beacause the wrestling we watch is scripted, while The Olympics isn't.

Wresting IS part of the modern Olympics and has been for more than a hundred years.

• Ryan V

because ppl say its fake and the olympics arent fake even though some of the scores or fixed so it would be a good trade off

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. Greco Wrestling is still very alive and well in the summer olympics......where are you doing your research!?

oh wait.............

Seriously....SERIOUSLY!? The reason that televised wrestling is not an Olympic event is because it is fake. Give me a break lady....For a top contributor this sure is a realllllly stupid question!!! Sorry....but it is!