Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

why wrestling is an Olympic sport ??

In Ancient Greece wrestling was really developed into a sport, and was included in the Olympic Games in 704 bc.

but now a days it is not a part of Olympic sports, why ??

------------)----->

I hope you will STAR this question.

Update:

I mean WWE & TNA.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

WWE is not a sport but rather a boring entertainment show. It's a scripted show that is predictable and the wrestling is lame. Original ECW for LIFE!

Olympic sports are legit while fake wrestling is not.

• Bru
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes Wrestling is an Olympic sport; Greco Roman and Freestyle. A noble sport that should not be confused with that other sport which is the WWE. Again two different forms of entertainment.

• 1 decade ago

Greco Roman and Freestyle wrestling have been in the Olympics for a long time and will for a long time to come. These events are not staged like tv wrestling, although the tv stuff would be much more fun to watch than the doggy style they do in Greco Roman!

Source(s): Tomato
  • 1 decade ago

It is included in the Olympics. Don't you remember Rulon Gardener defeating Alexander Corelan in Roman Grecko wrestling? It was a pinnacle Olympic moment. Sorry, all of that to say, it is still part of the Olympic games.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I thought Greco Roman wrestling was an Olympic sport I think you may need to check your sources again.

And since this is in Wrestling category let us not forget Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal for wrestling

Source(s): gazoo
  • 1 decade ago

Actually...wrestling is still an Olympic sport.

• 1 decade ago

It's still an Olympic sport, they wrestle in a circle, and the first one out or pinned, is out., but it is still in the Olympics

• 1 decade ago

it has always been an olympic sport, in ancient greece it was one of the main events. I think they did it to prove strengh and agility at the same time, and wrestling is just that

• 1 decade ago

Wrestling is an Olympic sport, where are you getting your info?

WWE and TNA? Are you trying to be funny, or did all of that peroxide finally seep into your brain?

• 1 decade ago

You need to do some research,real wrestling is in the Olympics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.