What is the TRD sport package?

I have a 2005 Tocoma v6 4x4. Why does it not have the sticker...Is it possible that the first owner took it off or do they make just 4x4s without and TRD packages...I am confused about all the pre runner, x runner stuff. I know its 4x4 becasue I have the switch to turn and the dash lights up and the mud flaps say 4x4...I know this sounds stupid but Why know sticker? Are the TRD trucks actually 4X4?

Favorite Answer

Actually, TRD is a spelling error. They forgot the U.

TRD is an upgraded suspension and trim package for Toyotas in general (cars included). Its just that the trucks have TRD splashed over the bed, where as the cars do not have such an obvious display. If you really want to verify your truck is a 4X4, look underneath. There is a drive shaft leading to the front axle and the axle has a differential just like the rear.

TRD stands for Toyoa Racing Development. They do make 4x4 that arent trd

• nadia

Keep it stock if you plan to replace the system eventually, you can get an entire cat back for $500

• Toyotas Rape Dudes..... i think that is what it said on their website at least