RHH Regs-- Gettin personal on y'all.. care to share?

Off the topic of music for the moment, what was the most defining moment of your life thus far?

Favorite Answer

when they put that diploma in my hand..

all the struggles and loses i had to endure through life and bustin my *** in college without my parents financial or emotional support was tough....that piece of paper means more to me than almost anything. its a sign of determination and resilliance.

EDIT:

Good lookin out Simone T

Congrats to your mom Butt Biscuit. Make sure u tell her you love her as much as possible...its never enuff---I lost my mom to breast cancer when i was 17.

I'm still young, but I have to say that the last 2 or 3 weeks have been the best of my life. The climax was last Thursday, when I learned that I had been accepted to UCLA, my second choice. Not only was it the first school that I heard from, but it was then that I finally realized that I'm gonna be the first in my family to go to college, and that now I have the chance to truly make something of myself. Since, I've heard from 4 other colleges, and I'm still waiting to hear from 6 others, including my first choice...but seeing that Congratulations from UCLA was the happiest I remember being in a long time, cuz it lets me know that the last 4 years of hard work was worth it.

• I have several:

August 14, 1998 Giving birth to my first son

May 5, 2001- Graduating from college (7 years of hard work finally paid off)

October 9, 2004-Marrying my husband

November 24, 2004-Owning my first home

October 10, 2005-Giving birth to my 2nd son

July 19, 2007- Giving birth to my 3rd son

October 2008-finishing my first half marathon

• 2001 - the year me & my mom got removed from our houses due to a government road project. Got little paid for that, and the way we fought to get another house. My mom was sick through this time but we WON.

2002 - first time my music played on a local radio station,. and the intensity of the show we was doing.

2003 - first time I had sex it was intense due to the fact that I was an extremely religious dude... defining moment.

2007 - the year I entered college and freed my mind from religion.

I Used T Be The Fattest Person In My Year Then Going To The Gym Nearly Every Day, Now I'm Skinny =D

Source(s): Bish-Bash-Bosh
  • The birth of my boys changed my life, my career and my marital status.

Lived with my boyfriend for 12 years before we finally married when the boys came.

Quit my job of 21 years to take care of the boys

Started a daycare and am doing that now because of the boys.

Now you know why I talk about my boys so much....

i consider these to be defining moment/ideas/situations in my life.

#1. i was in a abusive relationship and because, of it I'm now not afraid of anyone or anything.

#2. it's taken me 23 years to become comfortable with the person i am. I'm not trying to impress anyone or look to them for approval.

#3. i know MY OWN SELF WORTH. i know how i liked to be treated (as far a relationships) and what i won't stand for (as far as being a respectable women)

Source(s): i am my own source.
  • Ns@YnE

1994-Graduated from High School

7/19/1995-my daughter came in this world...changed how I lived and thought

1997-Moved from Brooklyn to MD....if this wouldnt have happened Id be in jail or stuck in the projects

2000-Found a job that I liked doing that pays extremely well---helped me be able to make the money to fund my dreams and goals and take care of my daughter better on my own

2007-Bought my first home----the Dream that I would have not achieved had I stayed in BK

• Being locked up. I was in Juvie for one year because of some nonsense. I used to be hanging with the wrong people, disrespecting my mom, doing the wrong things, basically doggin my family because I thought I was the big man on campus.

You know who the only people that wrote me?? My family. Not ONE of those people I hung and did dumb **** with wrote me BUT, the same people I dogged for the last 2 years was there always. I think God was sending me a message. I wish he couldve done it w/o me going to Juvie BUT, God is a strange and awesome God.

• Fabe

1999- The death of my father. Though we weren't very close, it's crazy the amount of impact that it had on me at the time. Don't know what you have, or what you could've had, until it's GONE! (I wish I wasn't so damn stubborn, maybe i could've had a better relationship with him).

but on a lighter note:

2004- The birth of my beautiful nephew. I fell in love with him the moment i laid eyes on him. If he makes me feel like that, I can't imagine how it will be when I have my own.

I have two...

First: Getting close or closer to GOD. No explanation needed.

Second: My little sister gettin' into a bunch of sh!t she had no business in...

That opened my eyes. Let me know that I needed to watch over her a little bit more than what I was doin'

EDIT: Congratulations to everybody!! Especially PureDelight.