The US was founded on Christianity? Really?

I thought most RSers had given up this argument, but I see that we either have many new people, or those who choose to ignore facts. If you believe the U.S. was founded on Christianity and that the Pledge of Allegiance was written originally with "under god" in it (and use that argument for why it... show more I thought most RSers had given up this argument, but I see that we either have many new people, or those who choose to ignore facts.

If you believe the U.S. was founded on Christianity and that the Pledge of Allegiance was written originally with "under god" in it (and use that argument for why it should stay), what do you think of the following?

Treaty of Tripoli:
...the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.)

"Under God" was not added until 1954 in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Update: Ken-did you miss "What do you think of the following?"

You can dismiss it, disagree, comment, or just be rude. Thanks for choosing one!
Update 2: Mato-
Yes, yes he does. That obese ogre! :)