when i start my computer system there is a msg" disk read error"?

plz tell me what is this problem? sometimes it starts but the speed is too slow.....

• Glenn
    Favorite Answer

Your hard drive is probably failing (hearing weird noises?). Get whats important of the hard drive RIGHT now and put in a new one before it's too late. It just goes downhill from there.

Maybe you have a scratched bootable disk / damaged floppy in one of your removable drives. Remove all removable media (such as floppy disks, CDs, flash disks or anything that can be removed easily and quickly) and try to start the computer again.

If this problem occurs again it means you have a bad hard-disk. Either bad sectored or permanently damaged. Maybe it's aging - if you've used it for 2 years or more.

Computer's ages are normally 2 years of age. After that they get obsolete quickly because technology changes.

Another thing to check is the power supply. I had this happen to a buddy of mine's system. that is how it started, system wouldn't boot, or did so very slowly, I never thought to check the power supply, but then it got worse and worse, we checked everything and nothing worked, I happened to have a spare power supply laying around, thought why not, I tried everthing else, and boom system worked fine. Other than that, next time it works, run chkdsk or scandisk, basically the same thing, and tell it to automatically repair errors.

I would find out what type of hard drive you have and go to the manufactures web site. Download the disk utility they provide and test it. If it is a newer drive send it back for a replacement. If it is out of warranty get a new one and transfer your old drive to the new one. Hope this helps.

Do a 'chkdsk'

Start > run > type 'chkdsk /f /r' in the box. The command console will popup and ask if you want to do this on a reboot. type 'y' for yes. Press the return key (enter),,, Reboot and wait.

There are many reason why? but you can try this:

if you have cd\dvdrom unplug it

if you using more than one drive unplug other drive

try to boot

if your computer goto normal boot you need to change your power supply.