A question of ethics?

One of my subwolfers broke so i ordered a new one through a car audio place but while it was being ordered the subs stopped working, it seems they arent getting power or something.

Should I not tell the place about it and let them think they messed it up when they were replacing the old subwolfer so they'll just fix it themselves?

Or should I tell them beforehand its not working and risk them charging me for troubleshooting?

Im thinking the first option because they told me they'd get the order in 3-5 days and its been 20 days and its still not arriving until the end of the week but i try to keep up my good karma.

Favorite Answer

what would I do, or what is the right thing to do? because those are two very different answers.

You need to do what you are comfortable with. If you are trying to be honest, and are very conscious of karma, then you know the answer already.

I always say that you should take the high road. It always works out better in the long run. Most times it is the harder of the two, but it just uncannily works out better. At least you'll walk out with your integrity intact, which is an ironic thing to be discussing under the heading of politics and government here.