Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Not that it matters, because he has no chance of winning, but if Ron Paul had not been so ambivalent on Israel

and instead shown undaunting support for that nation, do you think the main stream media would have given him more of an unbiased chance?

Favorite Answer

I don't see how he's ambivalent on Israel. He doesn't want to give them foreign aid - or mandate what they spend it on.

"I think it'd be much better to have a balance by being out of there."

"I think we get in the way."

"It's costing us a lot of money."

"The world can solve some of their problems without us." "We're out of money. We're out of money; we can't do it any longer, and we're going bankrupt."

"We would stop three times as much aid as Israel gets, to the Arab nations. Why do we arm their enemies?"

"There are so many unintended consequences, and way too much blowback!"

"Why don't we trade with everybody..."

"We treat Israel like a stepchild."

"We undermine their national sovereignty."

His answer seems pretty clear to me. He just doesn't want to baby them or keep giving them billions of dollars every year.

And I don't think the the media is controlled by Israeli nationals, or whoever it sounds like you think it's controlled by.

I voted for Ron Paul in the Virginia primary. That said, I must say that his campaign, like the past campaigns of the candidates of the Libertarian Party who share many of Dr. Paul's views, just did not connect with very many people. For example, when discussing the economy, Paul often went off on a lecture about the gold standard. Believe me, there isn't one person in million who cares one iota about the gold standard. Until Conservative Republicans and Libertarians start talking about issues that concern average Americans (e.g., removing government overregulation of small businesses, fostering education by eliminating the public school monopoly, etc.) they will never poll more than a very small percentage of the votes in a general election.

No, the media would only give Ron Paul support if he promised to protect the media, like the democrats do.

Ron Paul's problems had little to do with Israel. They had to do with his outlandish beliefs concerning the proper balance between the federal and state governments, and the USA's place in the world. Ron Paul had a fair chance. In fact, he had MORE that a fair chance. His coverage always eclipsed the level of support he had.

But let's get one thing straight - Israel doesn't control the media. Jews are not in charge of the media. Media in the USA is controlled mostly by huge corporations that have no self-identity, no religion, and no nationality. They are responsible only to their shareholders and the market.

Taunting? He was sincerely speaking how we should NOT support Israel with funding because we anger their Arab neighbors! And as far as I work, I hate to see me freakin' tax-money going towards for to them for self-defense when they have 300 nukes. The muslims have no defense, which is why they get mad, Israel didn't even exist before 1948, even the UN knows it. I respect Israel as a nation, but I hate it when our country fights wars for Israel, and gives our money to them for defense.

"Back in the 80's when Israel went in Iraq to destroy their reactors, I stood up and defended them in that manner, but so you know, I would like to see ourselves have our own sovereignty, just as much they deserve their sovereignty also."-Ron Paul.

Why are we supporting Israel anyway? So they can continue to slaughter more and more Palestinians every year?

• DAR

Couldn't happen. He isn't against Israel, but he is a noninterventionist and isn't going to fight their fights before they even start, either.

• Ron Paul is a freaking LOON. Anyone who knew who he was before KNOWS that.

Source(s): McCain 08

with how crazy his ideas were, i'm amazed he even got as far as he did. it wasn't israel that caused him to not win

it wasn't the media as much as the voters, look he was on the stage at the republican debate, getting as much coverage as the others when his crackpot ideas got him the heave ho!