Which Rental Car Company would you say has good rates for renting a car for one week?

I am planning on taking a trip to Chicago in the spring of 2009 and this will be the first time I check out a car. I am making plans to see Chicago, Illinois and Grand Rapids, Michigan but I would like to know which rental car companies would you say gives you good rates for a car rental during the springtime between April and May?

I would like to know if it is better to rent a car from Chicago O'Hare Airport or Chicago Midway Airport.

Best Answer

The rates seem to depend on a number of factors...I have found (through personal experience) in some cases its cheaper to rent from a suburban car rental place than at the airport or in the city (taxes are bad as it is in the city).

Also take the individual rental agencies into account. If you are going out of state, be sure to check with Enterprise because sometimes they might charge you on mileage. Generally the bigger names (Avis, Budget, Dollar, etc) have unlimited mileage on the standard models and can run from about $20 a day for the smaller cars to $50-$60 for the fancier cars.

Check out http://www.kayak.com as you can comparison shop right there. In addition, when you make the actual reservation, it will be right on the car rental website or on the travel sites like http://www.orbitz.com.

You might also want to check with any of the airlines you may have frequent flier miles/points with as they sometimes have a decent deal with the car rental agencies as well.

Good luck!

I have seen good rates at escalade rental Miami. Last time I rented from them it cost me $200 per day . Obviously it depends on which car you rent. You can visit their following website below

Budget has great rates and service. You might want to look into whether it would be cheaper to rent away from the airport and use mass transit or a taxi to get to the rental location because there may be an airport tax applied to cars rented at the airport.

Go to a travel site and see what the rates are for car rentals. Something like Travelocity. If that doesnt work try enterprize, they were the cheapest for me.

I would prolly say enterprise last time i rented a car for a week it was like 140ish with unlimited miles. This was also in IL

I've seen good rates on Hertz recently. If you sign up for a frequent flyer card on frontier airlines, you get an extra 10% too.

hertz always and if you have triple a or any other discount they will honor them without jacking the price up because you have one too. i have rented from several but i had the best service and prices there

Enterprise always has great rates and excellent customer service.

I've had good dealings with Dollar. Try dollar they have good rates.

Source(s): personal experience

Enterprise ..Good deals + new car(almost)