Can I wear a suit without the jacket for a job interview?

Its an administrative assistant position, and I plan on wearing a nice pair of black slacks, white collar shirt, and mabe a bluish gray tie

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

If you wear a suit without the jacket, it is no longer a suit. It is a shirt and tie. What impression are you trying to set.

• seay

Suit Without Jacket

Yeah, I would wear a suit. Some jackets can go over a suit jacket. I use an overcoat to get to work, mainly ot keep my suit dry in the rain and keep the cold out. They are fairly pricey though. What is the job? If its a part time job that will provide a uniform, you could get away with a shirt and tie. However, if you have left school and this is to be your full time work, I would wear a suit. All comes down to personal preference. Who cares what other people think!

It really depends on the company. But suggest to play it safe and try to fully impress by wearing the suit. Getting the job does depend on what you say but looking nice and professional always helps.

good luck

you can never go wrong wearing the full suit into the interview. It never hurts to be dressed above the position you are trying to fill. If you land the position, then you can dress accordingly. Until then, wear the suit and look professional.

I think that you would probably look just fine in that. If you don't want to wear the jacket and you don't feel relaxed in it, don't wear it. You should be at ease for an interview, so make sure that you wear what you really want. Good luck with it. :)

Sure, why not? I don't see no problem with that.Just make sure your wearing a dress shirt that is neatly pressed and a nice tie. Most employers are concerned with neatness rather than wether or not your wearing a jacket.

You really should add a jacket to it, it definitely looks more professional. Additionally, it makes you stand out as a individual against all of the other job applicants if you look like you tried a little bit harder to look the part.

Sounds great but really depends on the type of business. If its a high dollar atmosphere, you'll want to look the part. If it's a wholesaler selling pepperoni or handkerchiefs, your dress style sounds appropriate. Especially if your salary range will be under $25,000.

It's so good. The important is you should relax and try express youself as much as possible. Good luck!