Who else wanted Southee to hit his 100 !!.....? and YES !! England win the series 2-1?

How funny would it have been if Tim Southee had beaten Sir Viv's and Gilly's record for fastest 100 in a test match ??, good knock Southee !!

AND

ENGLAND WIN !

What are your thoughts on England's first series win away since early 2005

Best Answer

congrats to england and sidebottom in particular for his efforts. looking forward to getting some revenge in the away tour soon :P

that southee innings came from nowhere im gona have to watch the sports news to see it tonight

Fleming better unretire his *** we are running out of batsman

• Sarah

That was an amazing innings by Tim Southee. He's beaten Sir Vivs fastest 50 record if not his 100 one and is 4th on the list of number of sixes in an innings with 9. For just a second you could imagine him doing something really special and take the game away from England. If only he didn't have Chris Martin at the other end, possibly the worst tail-ender to have graced a pitch, he really is terrible lol. But well played Southee, he's a really good find for the Black Caps and along with Taylor, McCullum and a few others could well turn NZ into a better side.

Congratulations must also be paid to England though as they out played NZ in the last 2 matches. At times their batting was horrid and their bowling was sometimes off and this series win should not be seen as any kind of benchmark for future successes but they out-played a poor NZ side and made breakthroughs were it mattered. And that's where it matters in the end, so well done England!

Southee is shown his all-rounder talents in his first test.

I think he is going to be the good asset for New Zealand Cricket. As Flemming was playing his last match and Southee starts his first match.

I wish him best of luck. I have been to NZ and I like that country and the people are really beautiful.

I am sure Southee will hit the fastest 100 in coming matches.

Congrats KooKee. Eng won.....2-1 series.

I wanted to see him get his hundred in his debut match. The way

he was playing and going after every ball - and good to watch

slugging like him. I think he became the 6th fastest to get his

50 and may very well be the first one to do on debut. I think

he missed the great opportunity....Watch out IPL missed not

getting Southee....

England series winning - a win is a win. But the truth of the matter is England batting is very poor. Some good knocks

from KP, Strauss bailed them out. Great bowling from Siddy

They have class batsman who were all out of form at the same

time. NZ loosing at home - I do not know what to say. Fleming

retired, Styris gone and now NZ needs to quickly fill the gap.

I wonder if they fall down just like WI did.

I'm English so i wanted England to win, but it would have been cool if Southee could have reached three figures. Super knock!

*starred*

Congrats KooKee, I am sure you are really happy since England beated New Zealand and also win the series by 2-1.

Sidebottom and Panesar did a great job !!

He should not have taken the single and given martin no more than one ball of the strike. It shows how good the batting pitch was as the bowling was not that bad! 6th fastest 50 of all time in tests.

It was fantastic performance by the youngster both with the bat and ball on his test debut and he truely deserved a century.

Is it over yet? damn I went out shopping this morning, what was the score?

you can never understimate the abilities of england team. Glad they won it and it seems easy for them this time to beat the blacks I reckon.

• mark

wow how embarassing for the kiwis

losing to england? at home?

wow and i thought the kiwis were decent

its been more than 20 years since england beat the aussies in oz