Americans only answer - why is it that in the movies, drinks at parties arealways in massive bright red cups?

Update: Soundslike a silly question, but I'm fromthe UK and I've noticed in every movie and reality show on MTV, the people drink out of huge bright red plastic cups.
Update 2: In the UK, we tend to have plain white cups (sometimes small polystyrene foam cups)
Update 3: OK, maybe always wasn't the best word to use. And beer and things like that are served in big plastic cups at parties.(Saves getting proper glasses wrecked/nicked). The cups are always white, though. And nowhere near as big as the red cups. Or it might be served out of mugs at parties held by university... show more OK, maybe always wasn't the best word to use.

And beer and things like that are served in big plastic cups at parties.(Saves getting proper glasses wrecked/nicked). The cups are always white, though. And nowhere near as big as the red cups. Or it might be served out of mugs at parties held by university students!!

I've never heard of a party company called Solo. Must be an American thing