What is the temperature of a "high" broil?

My oven can broil, but instead of having "high" and "low" settings, it asks for the temperature that I want to boil at. I need to broil something at the "high" setting, but I don't know what temperature that translates to.

Best Answer

usually broiling is set at about 500 degrees. some are not set-able. my electric range lists anywhere between 400/500 degrees but that only operates one (the top) filament.

then it becomes an issue as to how close to that filament you want to come close to. the closer you come the less time you broil. about 4 inches i guess the oven door must be left ajar so that the element always stays on. if you close the door when the temp. reaches 400/500 degrees the element will turn off, which is not what you want to happen.

that 500 degree is ABOUT the highest the broiler will go.

when you clean a self cleaning oven the oven can reach a high of about 800 degree. that high temp is what cleans the oven. usually you have to lock the oven door shut from start to finish. takes over 3 hours on my range.

Broil Temperature

What Temperature Is Broil

• Keisha

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/3tR3I

Broil means to cook by direct heat. Baking or roasting is what you do in your oven normally...via indirect heat from a heating element located at the bottom of the oven (if it is electric). Most ovens have a "Broiler" which is a second heating element on the top of the oven. They can be electric, gas, or even infra red. It sounds like you don't have a broiling element in your oven from your description. You don't need a broiling pan to "broil."

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): temperature quot high quot broil: https://tr.im/zAyrl