Anonymous

Is it wrong to look for a new job when I just started my current job last week?

It's not that I don't like it. It's fine. It's just not what I really want to do. Plus, it's not stable. It;'s EPA which means not protected under the state personnel act. So, anytime the chancelor decides he wants to nix the position, I'm out of a job.

Should I not be looking for another job so soon? Or is it ok? Also, if I find a better job, would I be wrong for leaving so early?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

look for a job cause anything can happen when u least expect it

• Dean C

If you have not made a habit of jumping from job to job, then OK. Future employers will look hard at a person that has multiple jobs in a short period of time.

Is there a reason to be live that this job will be snatched out from under you? Does the employer have a habit of doing such things? if not, then stick it out a while and be looking. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just don't quit until you find something.

And just in case you have never heard this (yeah right)... you are beautiful... love your mypace.

The first thing we should all understand is that we work at the company's pleasure, so forget all the slogans("Our employees are our most important asset", etc...). Companies do what they need to do to survive or grow and employees should do likewise.

If you like the company, the job, your co-workers and paid competitively you have a great situation. If not, you owe yourself to improve the situation. But understand that "job hopping" is viewed negatively by many employers, so do it to often or risk scaring some prospective employers.

Just remember, it's easier to look for a new job when you have one...;-D

No. Whatever you do, you take care of number 1. Nothing is more important especially if the job is unstable and there is no security in it as such. Go with your guts instinct.

Maybe you should search for a new job.

You could look around maybe see if anything will pay better and have better benefits. something you won't be bored at lol. you are always saying on your questions you're bored at work lol.

no you are not wrong for looking for another job this early you need to do whats best for you not whats best for them/job

• brandi

nope - just be discreet about it at work until you have something else locked in. you gotta be happy girl, so find a job that does that for you - just don't quit until you find a new one, or it will be so much harder...

• .

no, bc i am actually doing the same thing...except ive been here for 6 months..

i believe in doing something you love doing...

you should look for a new one, a job that fits you and your benefits are greater. good luck :]