skycat
skycat asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Music - Do you enjoy listening to songs? Do you feel happy after hearing a really really good piece of music?

that you can identify with? Or is it the other way round? Do you listen to a happy song just because you feel happy? Or can you feel happy even if you listen to a sad, sentimental song?

Favorite Answer

I really enjoy listening to music. It has the power to make me feel happy or sad.

Happy music makes me feel energized. Quiet music relaxes me, calms my mind and helps me to sleep. Sad music unwinds my emotions.

‘Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just, and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate and eternal form.’

(Plato)

I can feel happy when I listen to a more serious and sad song, but for the most part happy upbeat songs call for happiness and smiling and laughter.....but it just depends on the person because some people can listen to sad music and be perfectly happy afterwards.....it just depends.....

I love music! I feel happy when I hear a really good piece of music...and sometimes sad..depends on the song.

It can be very well done ...but can make me sad...and bring tears to my eyes!

It can be sentimental,and sad....and make me happy because it brings memories of good things.

Music really effects my life, alot....I can't imagine life without it!

I don't like slow, sad songs. I like the kinds of songs that make you want to get up and dance. I listen to music all the time, whether I'm happy, sad, stressed, or pissed off. When I'm frustrated or sad, I like to listen to Christian Rock (I'm a Christian) and it makes me feel better.

When I'm hanging out with my friends and having a good time, I put on really up beat music. I guess it gives me energy and just makes me feel good.

Sometimes I listen to songs that just make me smile all day.

Music really can affect your mood.

Music is awesome. It is emotional and goes into depth of feeling. You listen to what you are attracted to. Elated, happy, refreshed, re-energized, loving, and meloncholy.

Meloncholy is a revisited emotion you once felt. It can attach a missing note but revealing sadness is still hurt.....The difference is not to linger on hurt but move on to healing the hurt.....

it depends i always listen to sad music even im happy i dont kno but thats doesnt mean i dont like the happy onez

sometimes if u feel in love u would like to listen to love songs but for example if ur love doesnt care abt u u will listen to sad onez lool

my oponion:):):)

Yes, I enjoy listening to types of music as well as specific pieces of music.

I listen to Mozart (violin sonatas), Beethoven (Violin Concerto in D), bluegrass music (especially "The Seldom Scene," but I SING Barbershop music with my 92-man chorus. Right now we are learning a new song: "Moonlight Sonata" but with words to it, and one of the guys singing a solo, and a piano. Really cool...we'll sing it on our show in January! -- Dr. Bob

I do Love Celion & Cher But there are certain songs BY Sting & Creed that make me happy and I can relate to & good music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listen to songs that fit my mood.

• Fairy

I love music and I'm unhappy when I can't listen to it.