Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

How come, us "moms" are portrayed always as the "bad guys" ??

Is it easier for "dads" to say to the kids: " Wait till mommy finds out about this?"

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems to be. I hate it when he says, "Go ask your mother" . I usually ask my kid, "Now who are you again?" ♥

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol That's actually funny! I was taking a childhood development class in school years ago, and one of the things it specifically mentions is to "Never tell the child 'wait until your father/mother gets home." When the teacher asked us if it ever happened in our homes, the girl next to me said her mom had been doing it for years, but her dad hasn't come home yet.

We don't do that in our house though. My son thinks both me and Mr Dawna are equally evil.

• 1 decade ago

That's true now.  But wait because you will be rewarded later on.  When they grow up they themselves will say "Wait till mom finds out I can't wait to tell her"

• 5 years ago

I think it is a universal truth written before the very foundation of the universe, that Dads mean Fun and Moms mean Business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've tried to figure that one out for years!! When I became a step-mother, my husband pulled that crap with me, I nipped that in the bud, quick!!I had to put my foot down, and told him this a JOINT agreement and he best, contribute !!!.......He had a guilty conscience, because he was not with them all the time.He didn't want them to dislike him. ... He has come along way !!!!! He is an awesome Dad,now !!!

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

for the same reason that dads are always portrayed as dumb and ineffectual i.e..Homer Simpson! Parents are easy targets for self-conscious and immature children

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dads cannot go against mom's rules or decisions. It's not a dad/mom...good/bad issue... it's survival of the husband issue. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kids learn the word "hormonal" at an early age.

• 4 years ago

Idk why are dad's always portrayed as goofs on tv, why do moms always get awarded the children? you guys must not be too bad off If you always get the kids by default -_-

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because moms have the final word!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because it's always mom's job to do everything!

That's so unfair! We should totally tell our husbands it's their turn to be the bad guy! hehe.

...even though I'm not a mom....still! lol

XD

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.